training syllibi in electronic form

  • jschulman139
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 14, 2006
      does anyone have access to a copy of new leader essentials in either
      scanned form or electronic form (pdf or some such). i am near
      desparate and it is "backordered" according to my local council.
      thanks
    • Dave Loomis
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 14, 2006
        I just checked with the National Supply Service, in Charlotte, 1
        800 323 0732, and they said the booklet, #34870A has not arrived from
        the printers yet.

        My local BSA Scout Store has about six copies of this or a
        previous edition. They will ship on plastic, and can be reached at 603
        622 5060.

        Good luck,

        Dave

        jschulman139 wrote:

        > does anyone have access to a copy of new leader essentials in either
        > scanned form or electronic form (pdf or some such). i am near
        > desparate and it is "backordered" according to my local council.
        > thanks

        ADC & BS Training Chair
        Historic District
        Daniel Webster Council, BSA

        245 Union St., #4 (603) 431 5342
        Portsmouth, NH 0301-4349

      • Dave Loomis
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 14, 2006
          Just as a general item of interest, Foxit Software,
          http://www.foxitsoftware.com/, has a free program to handle .pdf files.
          Using their Foxit Reader free program, you can view, edit or fill in,
          and print .pdf files with your annotations.

          This program allows you to fill in forms like the many training
          or application forms that National supplies in Adobe/.pdf files, and
          print them from your computer. As I understand it, their Foxit Pro
          version, for which you must pay $ 39.00 gives you more options, but I
          have never needed them so far.

          Dave

          ADC & BS Training Chair
          Historic District
          Daniel Webster Council, BSA

          245 Union St., #4 (603) 431 5342
          Portsmouth, NH 0301-4349
        • Ida Lively
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 14, 2006
            --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "jschulman139" <jstech@...> wrote:

            > does anyone have access to a copy of new leader essentials in either
            > scanned form or electronic form (pdf or some such). i am near
            > desparate and it is "backordered" according to my local council.
            > thanks

            I have the OLD version (without the "A" at the end) in PDF. I have it broken into 11
            documents which totals 4MB. Can I send it to the above address?

            An apology to everyone ... my council website is being moved to a different ISP, and in the
            middle of a redesign, so some things work and some things don't. Unfortunately the
            syllabi area is one that doesn't work.
          • jstech
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 14, 2006
              yes yes yes- a thousand times yes-
              jstech@...

              and i thank you a million times.
              jess
              > does anyone have access to a copy of new leader essentials in either
              > scanned form or electronic form (pdf or some such). i am near
              > desparate and it is "backordered" according to my local council.
              > thanks

              I have the OLD version (without the "A" at the end) in PDF. I have it broken into 11
              documents which totals 4MB. Can I send it to the above address?

              An apology to everyone ... my council website is being moved to a different ISP, and in the
              middle of a redesign, so some things work and some things don't. Unfortunately the
              syllabi area is one that doesn't work.

            • Toni McGowan
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 14, 2006
                You may want to check out www.pdf995.com as well.

                Toni McGowan
                Troop Administrator, T417
                Waldorf, MD

                ________________________________

                Just as a general item of interest, Foxit Software,
                http://www.foxitsoftware.com/, <http://www.foxitsoftware.com/,> has a
                free program to handle .pdf files.
                Using their Foxit Reader free program, you can view, edit or fill in,
                and print .pdf files with your annotations.

                This program allows you to fill in forms like the many training
                or application forms that National supplies in Adobe/.pdf files, and
                print them from your computer. As I understand it, their Foxit Pro
                version, for which you must pay $ 39.00 gives you more options, but I
                have never needed them so far.

                Dave

                <mailto:dloomis.nh.ultranet%40rcn.com>
                ADC & BS Training Chair