Re: [Scouter_T] Tiger leader training packets

  • Dave Loomis
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 3, 2006
      I've had fair luck using the current Scouting Sales Catalog
      to point out what most of the various Scouts should be wearing; but
      DON'T use the cover on the 2006 catalog as an example, as it has a few
      glaring errors, this year.

      The advantage of using the Scout catalog is that you can
      usually get free copies from your Scout Shop, and it gives the new
      leaders a look at what it available, before National gets around to
      sending them a copy. If your Scout Shop is playing fair, it will also
      list the local retailers who stock uniform items, on the blank space at
      the back of the catalog. These folks are donating a specific area of
      their sales floor to provide uniforming to local units, and aren't
      making all that much for their effort.

      Dave

      Herbert Dulzo wrote:
      > I am working on training packets for fall cub leader training. Does
      > anyone have handouts for the revised tiger program. How about a
      > revised uniform inspection sheet that actually mentions tigers? Seem
      > selling uniforms is primary to training materials.
      >
      > As a last resort I guess I can copy pages out of the tiger handbook?
      >
      > Herb Dulzo
      > Arrowhead District
      > Chicago Area Council

      ADC & BS Training Chair
      Historic District
      Daniel Webster Council, BSA

      245 Union St., #4 (603) 431 5342
      Portsmouth, NH 0301-4349
    • Gerry Moon
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 3, 2006
        There is a "second printing" of the new blue-cover Leader Book in
        which there is one paragraph noting that starting in the 2006-2007
        year, Tigers will earn Bobcat first, then work on the Tiger Cub
        rank.

        Note also that the Wolf, Bear and Webelos handbooks are now in print
        with the spiral ring bound versions - but the Tiger book is notably
        absent in this new format. This makes me suspect there is an updated
        book coming down the pike. Since the uniform inspection sheets come
        down from National too, it may be a while before we see any
        revisions that are Tiger-specific in that as well.

        Your Friend in Scouting,
        Gerry Moon
        Little Econ District
        Communications Chair
        Unit Commissioner
        Cub Scout Training Team
        Cub Scout Roundtable Staff
        Central Florida Council
        Orlando, FL
        SR-584 (Fox)
      • Gerry Moon
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 16, 2006
          Followup note....

          Last night I picked up a NEW EDITION Tiger Cub handbook - the spiral-
          bound version. It does indeed have the updated Tiger Cub
          requirements (essentially, it's saying Tigers earn Bobcat before
          Tiger and the old Tiger Cub Motto "Search, Discover, Share" has gone
          by the wayside and Tigers now use the standard Cub Scout motto "Do
          Your Best" - and the Character Connections are incorporated).

          If there are other changes, they're subtle enough to not jump out at
          me. If I find anything else earth-shattering, I'll be sure to post.

          Your Friend in Scouting,
          Gerry Moon
          Little Econ District
          Communications Chair