Re: [Scouter_T] Cub Basic Leader Training - New Syllabus?

  • Frank Maynard
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 26 1:42 PM
      On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 ed5870@... wrote:

      > Look at the ages and stages section of NLE and it still after many
      > more then 5 years shows a Cubmaster putting a boy on his lap. LOL

      This is a source of constant embarrassment to our training staff. We have
      to stand in front of the screen and say "Don't do this" or "ignore those
      orange t-shirts". I know the costs of teleproduction can be high (I work
      in the business) but A&S is more like 10 years old now, and more
      importantly the segments relating to program specifics need to be brought
      in line with current policy. Really, the training materials should be in
      place in the field and trainers up to speed before policy changes take
      place. Basic Training is usually a scouter's first experience outside his
      or her unit and it doesn't leave a good impression of the BSA organization
      to have obvious discrepancies like that in our training materials.

      Frank Maynard, NF8M
      CM, Pack 54; MC, Troop 407; District Cub Training Chair & Roundtable Staff
      ...and a good old Bobwhite too! (C-23-04)
      Mighty Ottawa District, Clinton Valley Council
      Novi, Michigan