Re: [Scouter_T] When does a Bear become a Webelos?

    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 26, 2006
      No I think you read that wrong. A den can continue to meet during the summer but if they are not working on the previous level and the boy is doing it at home. The den leader needs to be awake and make sure he/she knows when the scout can work on the new level................

      Dave Loomis <dloomis.nh.ultranet@...> wrote: Of course this validates the idea that Cub Scouting takes a
      vacation during the summer, as opposed to being a year round program.

      Dave

      Connie Knie wrote:
      > I am not sure how someone can abuse the extension if you allow them until the boy starts up again in the fall. That is a pretty set in stone date. Leaders just need to pay attention so that if the boy finishes his acheivments, this date is noted and the next rank is then allowed to be worked on.
      > I am not saying I we do it this way. Has never really been an issue......just my .02
      >
      > kveach@... wrote:
      > It depends on the circumstances of there is a "event coming up that he needs to complete rank yes. But (there is always a but isn't there?) I don't mean to sound like an unbendable person. I have had people "abuse" this extension then throw a fit when we tried to say enough is enough so normally we give them till the june Pack meeting we just like 'em to have a nice graduation ceremony and as we don't have a "meeting"June -August (we have outdoor events) we do the ceremony in May

      > Yahoo! Groups Links
      >

      > connie
      >
      > SUPPORT OUR TROOPS WITH YOUR OLD BLUE JEANS!!

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      ADC & BS Training Chair
      Historic District
      Daniel Webster Council, BSA