Re: [Scouter_T] Digest Number 1282

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 21, 2006
      Wow that was so far over the top I had to read it a few times. So you travel to a den meeting.........?? Unless you are taking all of the boys with you the den meeting does not start until you get there.........
      I am fairly certain that most of us are not crazy enough to want to run a den meeting with just ourselves present but if for some reason you were the only adult available that night there is nothing in the G2SS that would prohibit you from holding the den meeting.........
      And you would be clearly backed by the rules as stated.........

      edward michelin <edmitch456@...> wrote:
      Since we are discussing the intend of the YTP bold letters concerning 2 deep lleadership and how it applies to Pack Meetings/Den Meetings vs all trips and outings. Let's remind ourselves that to get to the that Pack/Den meeting you had to take a trip. Even though that trip was only a few feet/ yards/miles you still took a trip.
      When you arrived you started your activity IE the Pack / Den meeting. Do you see where this is going. It won't take a Philadelphia lawyer or for that f=matter any lawyer to get a judge and jury heading down the road that the intend of YPT is to have 2 deep leadership present at all functions. So instead of trying to nit pick YPT just do it !
      I love to be the lawyer (if I were one) who handle a case where a leader interpreted YTP to mean 2 Deep Leadership only on Trips or Outings. My client would be hearing Cha-cing $$$ echoing all through my brain.

      Ed Michelin
      4 Rivers Council

      connie