Re: TLT vs. JLT

  • Fred Goodwin, CMA
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 18, 2006
      > From: "Robert L. DeWitt" rdewitt10@...
      > Date: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:30pm(PDT)
      >
      > My Troop is looking to put on Troop level Leader training, we bought
      > the new syllabus and we are very diapoint in it. we have not beem
      > able tocome up with the old JLT syllabus. Can anyone point me to a
      > sourse for this training?

      I never taught JLT, so TLT is all I know.

      For whatever reason, National chose to rewrite its youth leadership
      training. JLT is no longer the recommended syllabus, and so I chose
      not to use it. And altho TLT is kinda "light", I think its best to
      make a clean break from JLT.

      If you don't decide to teach TLT now, when will you decide to make the
      switch? I don't think its fair to the boys to continue to offer JLT
      indefinitely, because TLT introduces concepts (e.g., "EDGE") that are
      reinforced in the Council-level youth leadership training and again at
      Philmont.

      These concepts are also consistent with what is taught in the revised
      WB21C (or so I'm led to believe).

      For what its worth, the feedback I got after teaching TLT is that the
      boys much preferred its 3 hour format to the day-long format of JLT.