Re: YP question

  • Jim Thompson
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 17, 2006
      Dave, I agree with almost everything you say.
      I retired 5 years ago, after 42 years of teaching in the California
      public schools. Also, I've been presenting YPT for about 12 years. so
      I'm well aware of the problem. Believe me when I say I am very emphatic
      about the risks when I do this training.
      All I'm trying to point out is the discrepancy between the online Fast
      Start training and the YPT materials.
      Let's say a leader, after taking Fast Start online, cancels unit
      meetings and sends boys home because her/his assistant didn't show up.
      Is that necessary? Is it required under YP guidelines?
      We should always err on the side of caution, no question; I just want
      to see clarity and consistency in our training materials. The confusion
      is unnecessary.
      (Incidentally, although I haven't viewed the videotape version in some
      time, I don't recall the 2-adults-required-at-every-meeting rule's
      being stated therein.)
      YiS,
      Jim Thompson
      Ass't district training chairman