Re: [Scouter_T] Digest Number 1278

  • scoutert38@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 16, 2006
      In a message dated 4/16/2006 4:18:47 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
      scouter_t@yahoogroups.com writes:
      The G2SS and all YP materials I've ever seen explicitly state "trips
      and outings." It seems to me that if unit meetings were meant to be
      included, it would say that.
      I agree that the more adults at a meeting the better, for many reasons.
      But I believe it is not required by YP guidelines. I say the Fast Start
      statement is an error and somebody should either correct it or revise
      the guidelines to agree with it.
      I'm not being contentious, I just think it's confusing.
      Jim Thompson
      Albuquerque, NM
      My question would be, WHY TAKE THE CHANCE?? All it takes is a simple
      "ACCUSATION" to ruin someones life...and that could be forever!! It is NOT worth
      that risk! I have worked with youth all of my life since early high school and
      I am 54 years old. Today is NOT the world we lived in yesterday! I also
      drive school bus, we have had in the last six months THREE ACCUSATIONS of
      "inappropriate touching" that if it had NOT been for onboard video cameras, these bus
      drivers could have faced criminal charges and a label of sex offender!! THIS
      IS FACT!!

      Again, Safety for ALL is our concern, not just the leaders! It can work the
      other way also, and a child could easily be abused/molested if there is not a
      second adult in attendance.

      The video is not in error, nor is the statement, even if it were an error, it
      is an intelligent one!!

      In Scouting Service,

      Dave Robinson
      CPC, BSA-Willamette