YP, Jambo, and Insurance

  • Ilively@adelphia.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 15, 2006
      Jambo: I had the training attendance reports for some individuals in my foot locker. There was no way that some of the trainings had made it into scoutnet. I'm not sure if they asked the individuals that I trained or not.

      Insurance: It is my understanding that every BSA Council carries some type of insurance. In my council (and I believe others) it is a supplemental insurance. I'm not sure what all supplemental insurance covers, but it's just that ... supplemental.

      Tour Permits: It seems that every council has their own rules for Tour Permits. Our new SE (came just before Jambo) says "as long as you're w/in the council borders, no tour permit is required. Our old SE said "if you even cross the street you need a Tour Permit." I follow the rule: If in doubt, fill it out. At a recent training, it became obvious that Tour permits are more likely to be filed by Troops instead of Packs -- as Packs have (or should have) a parent w/ every scout. If the parent transports their own child (even if they are both passengers in anothers car), there is no need for a tour permit.

      Ida