Round Table for SM

  • joedet@Hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 14, 2006
      We had a very good round table about GPS systems vs. map and compass.
      Someone from Gander Mountain came in and explained the systems. Because it
      is part of Twin Arrow now I thought it was a very good round table.

      Joedet
      Bip

      From: "Connie Knie" cknie23100@...
      Date: Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:39am(PDT)
      Subject: Re: [Boy-Scout-Talk] Was Games-RT.....now looking for RT
      advice....

      I want to thank you guys for the help yesterday. I got a couple of games
      and we had a good time. This group really does not like to move much so they
      were quieter games.

      Which leads me to another question. We have a pretty small turnout to Boy
      Scout RT. Maybe 30 at the most. I am new this year having done Cubs for
      years. There are only two of us on staff. There really are not enough of the
      newer leaders to make the breakout sessions work and to be honest the stuff
      they want us to teach them is too basic to be RT topics.
      We have changed it more to a discussion format (at thier suggestion when I
      finally FORCED them to tell me what they wanted) and it seems to be better.
      Like last night was camping so we asked for folks to talk about thier
      favorit gadgets, camps, and we had a LNT trainer come in..........

      But they just sort of sit there with their arms crossed and don't say much
      at all!!! We hand out alot of resources so I feel good about that. Next year
      we are going to encourage the leaders to bring the SPLs. This meeting seems
      more geared toward them.

      We are also thinking of going off site one month.

      June is a cook off.........

      What more can I do......