Game for RT tonight

    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 13 1:24 PM
      I need a simple game that has to do with camping that you all think that scoutmasters will do?

      Hard to get these guys moving sometimes. I was referred to the Troop Resources and I thougth I had it but I don't...............anyone?

      connie

      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 13 1:41 PM
        I have about 15 minutes, probably 20 people and a pretty good sized room. Teamwork types of games come to mind...........

        Dan Kurtenbach <danielkurtenbach@...> wrote: How many people, and how much space? Do you want them up and moving at
        their seats, or up and moving around the room? And how much time do you
        have available?

        I need a simple game that has to do with camping that you all think that
        scoutmasters will do?

        Hard to get these guys moving sometimes. I was referred to the Troop
        Resources and I thougth I had it but I don't...............anyone?

        connie

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        connie

        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 13 1:42 PM
          I have about 15 minutes, probably 20 people and a pretty good sized room. Teamwork types of games come to mind...........moving

          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 13 1:42 PM
            I have about 15 minutes, probably 20 people and a pretty good sized room. Teamwork types of games come to mind...........moving around is

              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 13 1:43 PM
                http://www.inquiry.net/outdoor/games/b-p/index.htm

                _____

                How many people, and how much space? Do you want them up and moving at
                their seats, or up and moving around the room? And how much time do you
                have available?

                I need a simple game that has to do with camping that you all think that
                scoutmasters will do?

                Hard to get these guys moving sometimes. I was referred to the Troop
                Resources and I thougth I had it but I don't...............anyone?

                connie

                Yahoo! Groups Links

                Training
                <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Training+programs&w1=Training+programs&
                w2=Training+program+development&w3=Training+program+for+restaurant&w4=Fitnes
                s+training+program&w5=Gsi+outdoors&w6=Scouting+camera&c=6&s=163&.sig=Z6otyjr
                JFWymAZ9Em9G2kQ> programs

                Training
                <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Training+program+development&w1=Trainin
                g+programs&w2=Training+program+development&w3=Training+program+for+restauran
                t&w4=Fitness+training+program&w5=Gsi+outdoors&w6=Scouting+camera&c=6&s=163&.
                sig=OtZZsESFeknzSlZ8fwiNHg> program development

                Training
                <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Training+program+for+restaurant&w1=Trai
                ning+programs&w2=Training+program+development&w3=Training+program+for+restau
                rant&w4=Fitness+training+program&w5=Gsi+outdoors&w6=Scouting+camera&c=6&s=16
                3&.sig=AiB1SvJfSgGNQBzSLldkwQ> program for restaurant

                Fitness
                <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Fitness+training+program&w1=Training+pr
                ograms&w2=Training+program+development&w3=Training+program+for+restaurant&w4
                =Fitness+training+program&w5=Gsi+outdoors&w6=Scouting+camera&c=6&s=163&.sig=
                _Sp4ovp1HtoEBRSvGGdqfw> training program

                Gsi
                <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Gsi+outdoors&w1=Training+programs&w2=Tr
                aining+program+development&w3=Training+program+for+restaurant&w4=Fitness+tra
                ining+program&w5=Gsi+outdoors&w6=Scouting+camera&c=6&s=163&.sig=W4nKAkXL7Sgy
                m6b1qXcYvw> outdoors

                Scouting
                <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Scouting+camera&w1=Training+programs&w2
                =Training+program+development&w3=Training+program+for+restaurant&w4=Fitness+
                training+program&w5=Gsi+outdoors&w6=Scouting+camera&c=6&s=163&.sig=Y9NWrw8N7
                LGgQLKgOWXz2Q> camera

                _____

                YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                * Visit your group "scouter_t
                <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/scouter_t> " on the web.

                _____

              • Matt Hannam
                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 13 1:44 PM
                  http://www.inquiry.net/outdoor/games/index.htm

                  _____

                  Message 8 of 14 , Apr 13 1:53 PM
                    A memory and imagination game like, "I went out camping" which
                    starts like this.

                    "I went out camping last weekend and brought an apple"

                    "I went out camping last weekend and brought an apple and a backpack"

                    "I went out camping last weekend and brought an apple,a backpack
                    and a canteen"

                    and continues around the room in this fashion until they run
                    through the alphabet or someone goofs, and then you start over.

                    Not rocket science, but it will kill a few minutes and get them
                    comfortable with each other.

                    Or you could do a knot tieing relay that goes like this.

                    Divide the group into several equally numbered patrols, at one
                    end of the room. Place a rod or chair back at one end of the room with
                    6-8 bits of rope, and cards naming 6-8 different Scouting knots.

                    The first person of each patrol runs up to a chair back or rod at
                    the other end of the room, picks up a card with the name of a knot, ties
                    the knot, and goes rapidly back to the patrol and tags the next person.

                    This person goes up to the demonstration point and either picks
                    another card and ties that knot OR corrects a knot that has been
                    previously tied.

                    This continues until one patrol has tied all of the knots.

                    Scoring - 3 points for finishing first, plus a 2 points for every
                    knot that is correctly tied. In other words the patrol which finished
                    first could be beaten by a patrol which hasn't finished but has more
                    points for correctly tieing all of the knots that they have attempted.

                    Dave

                    Connie Knie wrote:
                    > I need a simple game that has to do with camping that you all think that scoutmasters will do?
                    >
                    > Hard to get these guys moving sometimes. I was referred to the Troop Resources and I thougth I had it but I don't...............anyone?
                    >

                    > connie

                    ADC & BS Training Chair
                    Historic District
                    Daniel Webster Council, BSA

                    245 Union St., #4 (603) 431 5342
                    Portsmouth, NH 0301-4349
                    Message 9 of 14 , Apr 13 2:26 PM
                      Those are great. I am taking them along. If I can't play them, we can definitely give them to the leaders for ideas.......

                      Dan Kurtenbach <danielkurtenbach@...> wrote: Two suggestions -- both require bringing some gear:

                      BLINDFOLD TENT SET-UP
                      Equipment: A freestanding tent (like a dome tent) and two blindfolds, or
                      (even better) two tents and four blindfolds. If you have more than one
                      tent, you can run this as a competition, or not.

                      Two Scouters volunteer to wear blindfolds and set up the tent. The rest of
                      their teammates will give them oral instructions on what to do next, where
                      to find the pieces, etc., but cannot touch the blindfolded Scouters, or
                      touch the tent or the pieces. The teammates can organize themselves any way
                      they want to give instructions. The blindfolded Scouters have to restrain
                      themselves and not work on their own initiative, but follow instructions
                      only. If you have time, have another two Scouters disassemble and pack the
                      tent blindfolded.

                      SURVIVAL SHELTER
                      Equipment: Grab a couple of tarps, some rope and cord, hiking sticks and/or
                      poles, a couple of boards, a few pieces of clothing, and some other assorted
                      junk.

                      Using the material you provide and anything else that is available in the
                      room that can be safely used (chairs, tables), the team must work together
                      to build a shelter large enough to hold all of them.

                      Good luck!

                      Dan Kurtenbach
                      Fairfax, VA

                      Yahoo! Groups Links

                      connie

                    • Dan Kurtenbach
                      Message 10 of 14 , Apr 13 2:38 PM

                        Message 11 of 14 , Apr 13 3:09 PM
[...]

                        • Schiller, Dennis G.
                          Message 12 of 14 , Apr 13 3:30 PM
                            blindfolded tent set-up.

                            knot tying with winter mittens.
                          • Mullaney, Peter [AMSRD-AAR-AEE-E]
                            Message 13 of 14 , Apr 14 11:20 AM
                              Late, but..

                              In our troop we have the boys set up tents in our
                              meeting place with the lights out, this could
                              be made into a team building exercise.

                              Pete M.

                              _____

                              I have about 15 minutes, probably 20 people and a pretty good sized room.
                              Teamwork types of games come to mind...........

                            • Sandra Martens
                              Message 14 of 14 , Apr 14 12:15 PM
                                we do the blind tent relay at OWL and BALOO. However, we have only one person as captain, and the rest of the den blindfolded.
                                afterwards we talk about how they had to learn to communicate, teamwork, etc. We also tell them, since most campouts you seem to get to the site in the dark, that the boys can't complain about putting up their tents in the dark when you had to put it up blindfolded!

                                Sandy OWL