Re-Introduction

  • Ida Lively
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 10, 2006
      Pardon my extended absence. I've been MIA for about 2 months -- my apologies to the
      other moderators on the list.

      My name is Ida Lively and my Yahoo! nick is JVC_Scout_Mom.

      I'm the Nittany Mountain District Training Chair in the Juniata Valley Council.

      During my 10 years of Scouting, I've held several scouting positions including: Cub Scout
      Committee, Troop Committee, Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner, District Training
      Committee and Council Training Committee.

      I've taken most of the Training available -- I feel that I can't recommend a person take a
      course without knowing what is included in the course. This comes in handy when a
      Scouter comes to me and says "Courses X and Y are offered at the same time, and I can
      only take one of them, which do you recommend?" or if they're on separate weekends, "I
      can't take that much time away from my family, which do you recommend?" [This
      happens a lot!]

      In 2004, I had the great opportunity to visit Philmont Scout Ranch for training (with Ed,
      Fred and Jane -- and others who may be lurking on the list).

      Last year, I was privileged to assist at the National Jamboree in the Electronics Merit Badge
      as registrar.

      I truly believe that EVERY BOY DESERVES A TRAINED LEADER, and I make sure that the
      people who attend courses that I direct know that I do appreciate them taking the time to
      take training and that the boys will receive a better program for their attending.

      So, that's me .... I'm glad to be back.

      Ida
      - I used to be a Beaver ... (NE-IV-181)