Re: RE: [Scouter_T] Re: OWL Training Question

  • Kathy
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 10, 2006
      We do our Fall Camporee "AND" Webelos together!
      It's just planed for the same weekend at the same camp ground. Yes we do run Webelos station.
      Kat

      =====================
      From: Kent Wolfe <kentw@...>
      Date: Mon Apr 10 10:42:58 CDT 2006
      To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [Scouter_T] Re: OWL Training Question

      I found verbiage to that effect in the OLSWL materials.

      Under Webelos Scout Outdoor Program:
      "Webelos Scouts may visit camporees or other Boy Scout events but may
      not compete or stay overnight. If a den is invited, plan to visit for
      part of the day so the Webelos Scouts get a taste of the cool things in
      Boy Scouting"

      Under Webelos-to-Scout Transition Plan:
      "Visiting a camporee or district/council Boy Scout event as daytime
      guests of the troop."

      From

      Kent Wolfe

      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 10, 2006
        --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Kent Wolfe" <kentw@...> wrote:

        > I found verbiage to that effect in the OLSWL materials.
        >
        > Under Webelos Scout Outdoor Program:
        > "Webelos Scouts may visit camporees or other Boy Scout events but may
        > not compete or stay overnight. If a den is invited, plan to visit for
        > part of the day so the Webelos Scouts get a taste of the cool things in
        > Boy Scouting"
        >
        > Under Webelos-to-Scout Transition Plan:
        > "Visiting a camporee or district/council Boy Scout event as daytime
        > guests of the troop."

        My council (read: your mileage may vary) has decided that as long as there are AGE
        APPROPRIATE ACTIVITIES staffed by SEPARATE STAFFS, the Webelos are allowed to join the
        camporee, and spend the night -- following Webelos rules for camping.

        In fact, this spring at our Council Camporee -- we've invited ENTIRE PACKS to join us.
        There's separate age appropriate activities for the Cub Scouts who join us. The Packs may
        spend the night as long as they follow proper procedures and have a BALOO trained
        person on hand at all times.

        So, if you *REALLY* want your younger Scouts to attend - talk to your Council Camping
        committee, be prepared to make a commitment to provide activities for the youth, and go
        for it.

        Ida Lively
        - Juniata Valley Council
      • ed5870@aol.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 12, 2006
          In a message dated 4/10/2006 2:07:03 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
          Ilively@... writes:

          So, if you *REALLY* want your younger Scouts to attend - talk to your
          Council Camping
          committee, be prepared to make a commitment to provide activities for the
          youth, and go
          for it.

          I agree totally as a district we have run a joint camporee for both Boy
          Scouts and Cub scouts. Same theme but different activities.

          Ed Harvey
          Every Cub Scout deserves a Trained Leader
          Tri-Valley Cub Training Chair
          I used to be an Antelope
          Hudson Valley Council