Re: [Scouter_T] Re: Does anyone have the slides for NYLT?

  • JNDunnMN
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 22, 2006
      I believe that's the intention, but the OP was asking for something comparable to the Communication section of the old JLT and it struck me that this might have some pertinent material. Frankly, it's on my list of things to buy, but I haven't broken down yet and done so.

      Pack Trainer
      Pack 512
      Blaine/Coon Rapids, MN
      Cub Scout Training Chair
      Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner
      3 Rivers District

      In a message dated 03/22/06 08:00:35 Central Standard Time, cknie23100@... writes:
      Please pardon my ignorance but who would this be shown to? The young men who are presenting NYLT? I mean is this part of their training? My son has been asked back for a second time to be part of the staff of NYLT and I am hoping to help him be the best he can. He sometimes needs a kick in the pants and if I can do that a bit I don't hesitate to......so.......should he be seeing this during his staff meetings??

      JNDunnMN <JNDunnMN@...> wrote: On this subject, National Supply has a DVD entitled "Boy Scout Communicating Well"

      connie

      Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Walter Shaw
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 22, 2006
        Hi Connie,

        I'm not sure whether your question was referring to my initial question
        about the slides on the syllabus DVD or Jamie Dunn's post about the video
        Boy Scout Communicating Well.

        IF you're referring to the DVD in my question, there is a disk that should
        be in the back of the NYLT syllabus that your son received. The slides and
        videos are actually part of the syllabus that will be presented to the
        participants at NYLT, so I'm sure that all NYLT staff will review these
        during staff development sessions, and may well get their own copies of the
        DVD..

        My son's first staff development day included having the staff taking turns
        presenting different things and using the Stop, Go, Continue method of
        giving the staff feedback on their presentation methods and styles - as a
        means to both familiarize them with the material and give them practice on
        presentations.

        If you do get the DVD that comes with the syllabus, I would advise pulling
        out the disk and making sure you can use it. It is apparently in a weird
        format and uses VIDEO-TS, that requires WinDVD to read it (assuming you're
        using a Microsoft Windows computer). As for our bad disk situation. (and
        the answer is waaaaay over my computer illiterate head). there are
        apparently different formats when copying a disk -R and +R. Apparently they
        made some disks for Apple computers and some for Windows computers, and we
        ended up with the wrong one.

        As for the video that Jamie mentioned, I don't know if it is shown during
        staff development or not, but I think I'm going to order one just because it
        sounds really useful.

        I hope this helps.

        YiS,

        Pat Shaw

        (who is thankful to the numerous scouters who sent me information and copies
        of the section my son needed)

        _____

        Please pardon my ignorance but who would this be shown to? The young men who
        are presenting NYLT? I mean is this part of their training? My son has been
        asked back for a second time to be part of the staff of NYLT and I am hoping
        to help him be the best he can. He sometimes needs a kick in the pants and
        if I can do that a bit I don't hesitate to......so.......should he be seeing
        this during his staff meetings??

        JNDunnMN <JNDunnMN@...> wrote: On this subject, National Supply has a
        DVD entitled "Boy Scout Communicating Well"

        connie

        _____

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        * Visit your group "scouter_t
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/scouter_t> " on the web.

        _____

        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 22, 2006
          Hi Pat,
          My son's first staff meeting is on Sunday and so I will ask him about any discs he gets from them, thanks...........will make sure we can run it.

          I am also going to order the other one Jamie mentioned............

          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 13, 2006
            Hello all,
            I thought I had the right books but apparently I do not. I was to find a game for the SMs to play tonight at RT but the book says to find them in the Troop Resources book.

            We are talking about camping......any good games out there? These guys don't like being treated too much like kids but I need to get them moving a bit........too used to cubs I guess................

            thanks

            connie

          • Andre Coltrin
            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 13, 2006
              are you talking about wood wisdom?

              Connie Knie <cknie23100@...> wrote: Hello all,
              I thought I had the right books but apparently I do not. I was to find a game for the SMs to play tonight at RT but the book says to find them in the Troop Resources book.

              We are talking about camping......any good games out there? These guys don't like being treated too much like kids but I need to get them moving a bit........too used to cubs I guess................

              thanks

              connie

              ---------------------------------

              Andre and Michelle Coltrin

              Branson Embroidery

              (417) 337-8000
              http://www.bransonemb.com
              Andre_Coltrin@...

              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 13, 2006
                I don't think so. The RT Guide says Troop Program Resources 33588A is where I should find games.........

                Andre Coltrin <andre_coltrin@...> wrote: are you talking about wood wisdom?

                Connie Knie wrote: Hello all,
                I thought I had the right books but apparently I do not. I was to find a game for the SMs to play tonight at RT but the book says to find them in the Troop Resources book.

                We are talking about camping......any good games out there? These guys don't like being treated too much like kids but I need to get them moving a bit........too used to cubs I guess................

                thanks

                connie

                ---------------------------------

                Andre and Michelle Coltrin

                Branson Embroidery

                (417) 337-8000
                http://www.bransonemb.com
                Andre_Coltrin@...

                Yahoo! Groups Links

                connie

              • Dave Loomis
                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 13, 2006
                  I believe this is the new name for what we have known as Woods
                  Wisdom, the compilation, in one place, the program helps from the
                  Scouting Magazine.

                  Dave

                  Connie Knie wrote:
                  > I don't think so. The RT Guide says Troop Program Resources 33588A is where I should find games.........
                  >
                  > Andre Coltrin <andre_coltrin@...> wrote: are you talking about wood wisdom?
                  >
                  > Connie Knie wrote: Hello all,
                  > I thought I had the right books but apparently I do not. I was to find a game for the SMs to play tonight at RT but the book says to find them in the Troop Resources book.
                  >
                  > We are talking about camping......any good games out there? These guys don't like being treated too much like kids but I need to get them moving a bit........too used to cubs I guess................
                  >
                  > thanks
                  >

                  > connie
                  >
                  > SUPPORT OUR TROOPS WITH YOUR OLD BLUE JEANS!!

                  > ---------------------------------
                  >

                  > Andre and Michelle Coltrin
                  >
                  > Branson Embroidery
                  >
                  > (417) 337-8000
                  > http://www.bransonemb.com
                  > Andre_Coltrin@...

                  > Yahoo! Groups Links
                  >

                  > connie
                  >
                  > SUPPORT OUR TROOPS WITH YOUR OLD BLUE JEANS!!

                  > Yahoo! Groups Links

                  ADC & BS Training Chair
                  Historic District
                  Daniel Webster Council, BSA

                  245 Union St., #4 (603) 431 5342
                  Portsmouth, NH 0301-4349
                • Dan Kurtenbach
                  Message 8 of 13 , Apr 13, 2006
                    Four books replaced the old "Woods Wisdom." Three are entitled "Troop
                    Program Features," (Volumes I, II, and III) and include information on
                    planning and carrying out the 36 monthly "themes." The fourth is called
                    "Troop Program Resources" and includes things like ceremonies, games, and
                    Scoutmaster minutes. Troop Program Resources comes with a CD.

                    Dan Kurtenbach
                    Fairfax, VA