Webelos Courses at UofS

  • Nina Wolfson
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 18, 2006
      Hey, Ed -

      Webelos leader courses are the toughest to be creative with at a University
      of Scouting, imho.

      Other than offering specific courses for each activity badge and obviously
      CSLST - Webelos (we always seem to have a big turnout for the 'standard'
      courses)

      Here are some more ideas. I have no syllabi. Each trainer develops their
      course description, content and handouts to fit within the scheduled class
      time.

      How to Select a Boy Scout Troop
      How Cub Scouts who join in 5th Grade can earn their Arrow of Light
      (I'm sure you can think of a way to shorten that title!)
      How to Run a combined 4th and 5th grade Webelos den
      Your Webelos den and the outdoor program
      The Crossover to Boy Scouts

      I've found that many Webelos Leaders take some Cub Scout courses and some
      Boy Scout courses.

      Hopefully, this short list will help get your creativity going. Ask current
      Webelos leaders and new Boy Scout leaders what they wish someone had told
      them about the program!

      Please post your final course list. I think we'd all benefit from some new
      ideas for courses. I promise to do the same. And this goes for Cub and Boy
      and Venture Scout courses, also!!!

      Nina Wolfson
      Tacachale District Training Chair
      Gulf Ridge Council, FL