RE: [Scouter_T] proper atire for Eagle ceremony

  • Don Wilson
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 15, 2006
      I agree with Scouter Fisher. Do as the Eagle recipient asks.

      I would expect that the "official" answer would be that if you son is
      not registered, then he would not wear the uniform. However, I think
      that the uniform could be worn, especially if your son is also an
      Eagle Scout. He should not wear the Eagle badge on the left pocket,
      and wear the Eagle medal instead. No other "youth" awards should be
      worn. If your son spent any time as a Scouter after turning 18, he
      might have the Arrow of Light, God and Country and Eagle knots.
      Those would be proper. If the uniform will not fit or is showing age,
      then a suit would be fine, but an Eagle Scout is always and Eagle
      Scout, so I would tell a young man to wear the Eagle medal with the
      suit, or some other Eagle identification. But, my opinion is like a
      nose, everyone has one.

      Don Wilson

      To: <scouter_t@yahoogroups.com>
      From: "R Fisher" <ghotier@...>
      Date sent: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 22:36:07 -0600
      Subject: RE: [Scouter_T] proper atire for Eagle ceremony
      Send reply to: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com

      Have your son ask the Eagle recipient. If the uniform fits and the
      Eagle Scout wants you son to were it, who cares if he's registered or
      not! Hang the policies and procedures and the Uniform Police, it's the
      Eagle Scout's special event, let him make the rules.

      Roy Fisher

      Yahoo! Groups Links