Please invite all units in your council

  • Fort Knox Scouting Community
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 14, 2006
      Trainers, Scouters,

      The Scouts of Fort Knox would like to invite all scout units, scouts, and scout leaders in your council to come down and participate in Future Leaders Day 2006 with us.

      On the weekend of 4-6 AUG 06, scouts from all over are invited to come to Ft Knox, camp on the installation if they'd like, and participate in the events that Saturday. The attached Registration form gives you an idea of the kind of events which we will be attempting to offer at the event. The events on Saturday are totally free to attend for those who wish to drive in and attend them for the day only. Those units planning to camp would only pay $10.00 PER UNIT (NOT per YOUTH/ADULT) to camp, and patches are $3.00. The other events listed (which are not run by us) may have a cost associated with them, as stated on the form. Council's are welcome to bring a "busload" as was requested by one council last year. If you run a website, please feel free to link to our website (http://www.knoxscouting.org).

      If you've got Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine, or Coast Guard installations in your area, and you have 'military scouts' (units with a high concentration of military dependants) let 'em know that we'd especially love for them to come!!

      We're also looking for your "Scout Talent"!! If your unit is the best at. . . . whatever (rope bridges, signal towers, teaching map reading, setting up orienteering courses, teaching knot tying, whatever). . . We want to showcase you - and let you "Show Off" what you're good at. Let us know, and we'll give you a spot (booth/event) to 'Show Off' during the event.

      Of interest to teens may be our (relatively) new SLT SIMEX concept. This event uses a video game to simulate small unit leadership and teamwork scenario's to reinforce positive teamwork/leadership skills. We'd LOVE to have YOUR unit at the event, so visit the website (directions are listed, and an online registration form is available) and get ready to REPORT IN to the home of the Cavalry Scout!!!!!!!!!

      SCOUTS OUT!!!!!!!!

      Willis Madden,
      Chair FKSC
      CM P127
      CC VC125

      The FKSC,
      P.O. Box 41
      Ft Knox KY 40121-0041
      BLD 4022, Vine Grove Street
      Visit us online at:
      http://www.knoxscouting.org/

      "The goodness of a person and of the society he or she lives in often comes down to very simple things and words found in the Scout Law. Every society depends on trust and loyalty, on courtesy and kindness, on bravery and reverence. These are the values of Scouting, and these are the values of Americans."

      President George W. Bush

    • Glenda Schafer
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 15, 2006
        Your attached registration form did not come through with your message, but I would be interested in seeing it. Could you post it separately?

        Thank you.
        Glenda Schafer
        Buckeye Council, Ohio

        Fort Knox Scouting Community <knoxscouting@...> wrote:
[...]

      • knoxscouting
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 15, 2006
          I dont want to clutter up the training folders, but You can download it
          at http://www.knoxscouting.org/FLD/FLDindex.htm
          <http://www.knoxscouting.org/FLD/FLDindex.htm> in .pdf form, and
          there's also an online registration form.

          --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, Glenda Schafer <glendaschafer@...>

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 3, 2007
            Ma'am, Sir,

            The Scouts of Fort Knox would like to invite all scout units, scouts, and scout leaders in your council to come down and participate in the 6th annual Future Leaders Day with us.

            On the weekend of 3-5 AUG 07, scouts from all over are invited to come to Ft Knox, camp on the installation if they'd like, and participate in the events that Saturday. The Registration form, which can be downloaded on the website, gives you an idea of the kind of events which we will be offering at the event. Registration is also available online at http://www.knoxscouting.org/FLD/FLDindex.htm

[...]

            BLD 1022, Morande Street