Training Times

  • richard pennington
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 25 3:15 PM
      I was wondering what amount of time each training course takes. We have
      needs for several courses and I was wanting to prepare the person that need
      to take them to know what is involved. Also if anyone has a syllabus and or
      lesson plans that would be great . This is a list of courses needed.

      New Leader essentials
      Scoutmaster and Assistant Scoutmaster specific training
      Chartered organization Representative training
      Troop Committee training
      Pack Committee training
      Cub Scout Leader specific training , for the Cubmaster, for the Webelo
      leader and the Den leader.
      Venture Advisor training
      Any other Venture training, we have a new crew and nobody is trained.

      Thanks

      Richard Pennington
      Eagle Scout Class of 1988
      Philmont Staff 88/89
      Assistant Scoutmaster Troop 138
      Unit Commissioner Pack 138
      East Texas Area Council
    • Scott & Rita Eliason
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 25 4:31 PM
        Richard,

        I will mark up the list below.

        I am not sure why you need all of these for a new crew. New Leader
        Essentials, and Venturing Leader Specific will get your adults the basic
        training they need, and you can get them to Introduction to Outdoor Leader
        Skills Training, if they lack outdoor skills. Venturing, if you are talking
        about a stand-alone unit, has no need for any of the other trainings, except
        maybe COR Training, usually done by councils, if done at all. Any Scout
        troop related training or Cub Scout pack leader training would be confusing
        to a new unit.

        Scott Eliason, Venturing Training Coordinator, Aquila District, Chief
        Seattle Council, and Advisor, Crew 391, Des Moines, WA

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 25 9:41 PM
          **Scoutmaster and Assistant Scoutmaster specific training (three sessions,
          each 2½ - 3 hours) Can be done as one course lasting about 7 1/2 hours.

          **Cub Scout Leader specific training , for the Cubmaster, for the Webelo leader and the Den leader. (I do not have the current syllabus with me, but they range from 1½ to about 1¾ hours each) The syllabus lists run times between 2 hours 35 minutes to 2 hours 55 minutes for these five sessions.

          Judy Yeager

        • Bill
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 4, 2011
            The new edition of the Training Times has been posted to http://scouting.org/training/trainingupdates.aspx