Re: Webelos camping question

  • Dave Loomis
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 4, 2006
      While I may agree with you on this point, BSA has set the online
      course up as the equal to up-close-and-personal, so you can't make that
      differentiation.

      Dave

      Duane Rieker wrote:

      > My list of the training essentials for a Webelos overniter would include:
      > 1.. Youth Protection (taken in a class, not online -- because of the videos)

      [SNIP]
      > Hope this helps,
      >
      > Duane Rieker
      > Suwannee River Area Council
      > Tallahassee, FL

      245 Union St., #4 (603) 431 5342
      Portsmouth, NH 0301-4349

    • Ken Walker
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 5, 2006
        Duane Rieker wrote:

        > My list of the training essentials for a Webelos overniter would
        include:
        > 1.. Youth Protection (taken in a class, not online -- because of the
        videos)

        I have to admit, although I'm not a big fan of online training, the
        e-learning module has one nice aspect that's not part of the classroom
        version. There's a test at the end - it helps measure if learning
        occurred.

        -Ken