Introduction

  • Karl Ward
    Message 1 of 52 , Apr 14, 2001
      Can't stand by and have someone consider me to be bashful, so here goes.

      My name is Karl Ward. I am currently Council Training Chair for Tukabatchee
      Area Council in central Alabama. I became re-involved with Scouting when my
      son had the good taste to become a Wolf Cub Scout which gave me the "excuse"
      to step into it again as a Den Leader. Well, he's a Life Scout, now, and
      on the prowl for a good Eagle project.

      I have been training for 6 years. During that time, I attended Philmont
      training conferences and Cub Scout Trainer Wood Badge (sigh). I had the
      pleasure of being a Buffalo once again at Boy Scout Wood Badge (sigh) a
      couple of years later.

      In my spare time, I am also an Assistant Scoutmaster for my son's troop and
      a Unit Commissioner for two new packs.

      I know a few Training Chairs who are primarily administrators but I still
      take every opportunity to do hands-on training. It's probably an ego thing.
      We will be offering our first new Wood Badge course in February of 2002 and,
      after I selected the Course Director, she turned around and asked me to be
      on staff. I, of course, couldn't refuse. It turns out that saying no would
      have been much less painful than telling my lovely wife that I wanted to do
      it.;-)

      I have been reading, with interest, all of the postings about BLT and the
      new training program. I am somewhat concerned, however, because I haven't
      yet received the new kits. Is this unusual? Are there other councils out
      there who are still waiting for theirs?

      Karl Ward
      Tukabatchee Area Council
      "and a good ol' Double Buffalo, too."
    • Candace Lewis
      Message 52 of 52 , Sep 19, 2012
        I thought I had the introduction to Cub Scouting also, but it must be on another computer. Hope this helps.

        Candace Lewis
        Paralegal to Jeffrey N. Kaitcer
        LOE, WARREN, ROSENFIELD, KAITCER, HIBBS,
        WINDSOR, LAWRENCE & WOLFFARTH, P.C.
        4420 W. Vickery Blvd.
        Fort Worth, Texas 76107
        817/377-0060; Fax: 817/377-1120

        Information contained in this email is confidential and protected from disclosure by the attorney/client privilege. It is intended solely for use by the recipient to whom it is addressed. If the reader of this communication is NOT the intended recipient (or employee or agent responsible for delivery to the intended recipient), you are notified that you should delete this email, and that any distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you believe that you have received this messagee in error, please notify us immediately at 817/377-0060. Thank you.