Philmont Training Center - Special Course "Developing Supplemental Training"

  • NeilLup@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 2, 2006
      There is a special course scheduled this summer at Philmont Training Center
      which should be of real interest to Boy Scout trainers and leaders.

      This course, "Developing Supplemental Training" is designed for leaders
      who are involved in writing, developing and/or putting on training programs in
      their council. It will cover the principles of supplemental training and
      talk about how such training should be designed and conducted and evaluated for
      quality and effectiveness Then there will be the opportunity to actually
      write, put on, and critique units of supplemental training.

      No promises, but some of the units of supplemental training developed in
      this course last summer are scheduled to be included in the recommended Boy
      Scout training of the BSA.

      The course is early at PTC, June 4-9-2006. Attendance procedure is
      standard, meaning recommendation from the local council.

      Please share this with any other leaders whom you think might be interested
      and benefit. Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

      Best wishes,

      Neil Lupton

    • Ilively@adelphia.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 2, 2006
        Unfortunately, I can't attend this year (sister-in-law's marriage; DS graduation from HS, Eagle CoH and leaving for the Navy) have us pretty much tied/strapped.

        If *anyone* from this group gets to go to this, I'd *love* a copy of your notes/handouts!

        I have notes from my session of Training Cub Scout Leaders in 2004 (attended w/ Ed and Fred and other Scouter-T regular posters) if anyone is interested.

        Ida
      • Robert L. DeWitt
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 2, 2006
          Ida I would love to have this information

          Robert L. DeWitt
          ASM Troop 12
          Chickasaw District
          Georgia Carolina Council
          Augusta, Ga
          I used to be a good Ole Bear SR-691

          _____

          I have notes from my session of Training Cub Scout Leaders in 2004 (attended
          w/ Ed and Fred and other Scouter-T regular posters) if anyone is interested.

          Ida

        • Scouter Chuck
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 2, 2006
            Robert DeWitt wrote...

            > Ida I would love to have this information

            I don't think it was Ida that posted it. I think it was Neil
            Lupton.

            Also, not to "me too", but I'd like to get a copy as well. I will
            not be able to attend it either, as I am currently out of work
            and will be on family vacation that week, anyway.

            I "used to be" an Antelope! -- WEM-10-95
            District Committee Member at Large
            -- Stephen R. Covey