Re: [Scouter_T] Re: Opinions on Outdoor Training

  • Dave Loomis
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2006
      I don't know. I was taught cardboard box oven cooking at a Show-an-Do
      by an older gentleman had his Cub aged grandson. I suppose the boy
      won't have much to look forward to in Boy Scout cooking, but he sure had
      a great time telling us how the two of them cooked a cake from mix,
      Cornish Game Hens, and a pineapple upside down cake in their oven.

      Dave

      Scouter Chuck wrote:
      > Ida Lively wrote...
      >
      >> Repectfully, Pete, I do not believe the idea of teaching lots
      >> of cooking ideas in BALOO, or OWL is to teach leaders how to
      >> teach the Cub Scouts, but, instead, to teach leaders
      >> (themselves!) how to cook.
      >
      > Agreed.
      >
      > [SNIP]
      >>

      >> However, I do agree with you that some cooking methods are best
      >> taught at different levels. I imagine that Boy Scout Leaders
      >> wouldn't be as excited at a "Box Oven" demonstration, as the
      >> Cub Scout Leaders would.
      >
      > Actually, in the Troop I used to work with was a fellow who used
      > the cardboard box oven, and was constantly asked how he did it.
      >
      > [snip rest]
      >
      > YiS,
      >
      > Chuck Bramlet -- Phoenix, Az.

      245 Union St., #4 (603) 431 5342