Re: [Scouter_T] Troop Committee

  • brant@lippincott.us
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 26, 2006
      Richard,

      Sorry for the slow response - Busy week!

      We are not an LDS unit. Our Charter Org is VERY inactive. From time-to-time, we have had a boy from the church in the unit, but not in about 3 or 4 years. The last one eagled out.

      Our committee is made up of the parents who are not ASMs + the CC. We plan various activities - mostly COH & our traditional Christmas Dinner. We presented an ide to the boys last summer to go to a non-traditional summer camp & they liked the idea, so we set about figuring out what MBs and other activities that would be interesting and/or valuable. We figured out who would be the MB counselors, etc. This was a trip to Mustang Island (near Galveston). The boys and a lot of the parents camped on the beach. Lots of fun. This year we are going back to a council camp. So the committee has to figure out which parents are available when to meet the adult-kid ratios that the camp wants. Summer 2007 will also be a big event. We are just started in the planning of that.

      We also handle the BOR as they come up.

      Does that help?

      For the Boys,
      Brant

      richard pennington <rpenning@...> wrote:
      Just a question, how big are the Troop committees in your units, and what
      generally do they do for your units, not what the handbook says but what
      they actually do, since you have outside influence like the bishop and the
      goals of the YM program, this effects how the committee will work as opposed
      to a non LDS unit.

      Richard