You Know Your a Scouter when...

  • Jeff Melvin
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 8, 2006
      As per the request of Trish... You know you're a Scout Leader when... You go camping just to get away from home All your food, cloths, and tents smell like smoke You carry everything to camp and still leave something at home. If your backpack weighs more than you do. If your new freckles looks like ticks. Your camping trip is too wet, too dry, too hot, or too cold. Your cooking fire resembles a bon fire. You attend a formal occassion wearing a khaki shirt and a neckerchief. You know 101 uses for a shoelace. You drink bug juice. You have the urge to help little old ladies...whether they want it or not. You keep a bucket of water by your side while cooking dinner. You spontaneously break into strange songs in public. You carry your own toilet paper wherever you go. You always read by a flashlight. Your radio is always tuned to the weather station. You horde tent stakes. You wear 2 pairs of socks to bed. You keep a lantern hanging outside your bathroom door. You sleep under a trash bag. You cannot walk by a piece of trash without picking it up. You carry a dufflebag size first aide kit in your car. You always have hat hair. You're always counting how many matches you have left. Your pots and pans are all black. You roast mini marshmallows on a paper clip over a candle, put it on a golden graham with one square of chocolate, just to get the flavor. You always cook enough food for twelve. You always have a cup hooked to your belt. All your dishes have little pieces of egg stuck on them. You open letters with a pocket knife. You know 365 one pot meals. When opening large gifts, you survey the box wondering if you have a piece of foil large enough to cover it. You buy your shampoo in little tiny bottles. You have the urge to help little old ladies...whether they want it or not. Everything in your cupboard says "Instant, just add water". Your neighbors hide when they see you going door to door with "that order form" again. You have to go to the restroom and you start looking for a buddy. You really do use those emergency sewing kits. You see a pile of rocks and immediately put them in a circle. You know 100 uses for a bandana. All your shirts have pin holes in them. You wear thongs in the shower. You actually own the book, "How to Sh*t in the Woods". You have a collection of used candles and dryer lint. Someone asks for a volunteer and you find your hand is already in the air. Your favorite cologne is Deep Woods Off. Twenty-five boys cheer when you step into the meeting room; then you realize that you are the only one with the key to the games locker.
      You can clearly explain to a misty-eyed little chap why his collection of dead house flies does NOT qualify him for his Collector's badge.
      You can ignore getting hit in the face with a wayward ball.
      You find that old skit just as funny the 15th time around.
      You're sitting in a restaurant with a friend and he asks you what Boy Scouts of Canada is all about and the restaurant closes before you finish.
      Your Biology Professor thinks you're strange because you're SURE that little Beavers grow up to be Wolf Cubs.
      Your pack is unusually quiet and you worry.
      Someone offers to shake your hand and you automatically extend the left one.
      The phrase "Group Committee" takes on religious connotations for you.
      A parent comments on the noise in the room and you don't know what he's talking about.
      You're willing to trade your shoes for crest you don't have. Someone says "You have to be a bit crazy to be doing this!" and you nod and smile knowingly.Jeff Melvin, ISSC
      IT & Computer Services
      Atlantic Baptist University
      333 Gorge Rd. Moncton, N.B.
      Canada E1G 3H9
      (506) 858-8970 Ext. 174"It is easier to build our youth than to repair our adults""We can't become what we need to be by remaining what we are." -Oprah Winfrey

      Atlantic Baptist University
      Website: WWW.abu.nb.ca

    • Dave Loomis
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 8, 2006
        Like me considering myself lucky to find Max Silber's first Belt
        Buckle, the 1950 Valley Forge Jamboree Buckle, on e-bay for [only] $ 625!

        Thanks for the memories.

        Dave

        --
        To reply, click on the address below.

        245 Union St. (603) 431 5342
        Portsmouth, NH 03801-4349
      • Don Wilson
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 8, 2006
          Wait.........you mean that there are people that don't fit the
          amazingly accurate description posted by Jeff Melvin? I thought that
          everyone met that criteria. Wonder what else I have missed!

          Don Wilson
          OHC 427