You Know You're a Wood Badger...

  • franceshersh
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 8, 2006
      Hello All,
      I've been a lurker for a while, greatly enjoying the discussions from afar. However, after
      reading Trish's post this morning, I was moved to come out of hiding and share the
      following. I recently served as ASM Program for my council's annual Critter Breakfast and
      assembled the following list.
      I will be happy to add to it, so please send your contributions.
      Anyone who would like a Microsoft word .doc file, please contact me off-list.

      Frances Hersh
      fhersh@...
      Northern New Jersey Council

      You Might be a Wood Badger....

      • If you've ever stopped your car because you saw a patrol critter at a yard sale...
      • If you've ever received a speeding ticket because you were running late and you were
      afraid you might miss THE SONG...
      • If you were ever late for work because you couldn't find your patrol flag...
      • If your yard has grass 10 inches high but Gilwell Field looks great...
      • If instead of a night out with the boys, you prefer a night out with the "Bears".
      • If you hang your tent totem on the doorknob of your hotel room while on vacation
      • If your coat of arms features an ax and log...
      • If you have a broken storm door, but a perfectly good Table Totem...
      • If you've ever cried because your spouse threw out a container of old ashes…
      • If your idea of a trip to the Holy Land means Gilwell Park in England...
      • If all you remember from your trip is the herd of antelope you saw in Wyoming...
      • If you've ever worn your Scout uniform to your child's wedding ...
      • If you've gone to a Hooters restaurant and didn't realize there were girls there...
      • If you bought that '89 Chevy Caprice for the fleur-de-lis hood ornament...
      • If you decided to lash together the new deck on the back of your house...
      • If you plan to serve foil meals at your next dinner party...
      • If you walk the streets with a coffee cup and flashlight hanging from your belt...
      • If you raise your hand to the Scout Sign at a heated business meeting...
      • If you were arrested by airport security because you wouldn't give up your pocketknife
      until he said, "thank you"...
      • If your plans for remodeling the bathroom include digging the hole deeper...
      • If you disconnect the dishwasher in favor of the "3 pot method"...
      • If you think campaign hats are cool...
      • If you named one of your kids Baden...
      • If you plan to get rich by writing a best selling Dutch Oven cookbook ...
      • If you took a chemistry course to help develop a better fire starter...
      • If you actually own a left-handed smoke shifter ...
      • If a trip to Philmont is a pilgrimage ...
      • If the operators at the BSA distribution center's 800 number recognize your voice…
      • If singing "On My Honor" makes you cry uncontrollably ...
      • If you were disappointed when Boys Life didn't win the Pulitzer Prize last year ...
      • If the high point of your social season is the Wood Badge Critter Breakfast ...
      Then…You Are A Wood Badger!