Win All You Can

  • Mikedunne@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 18, 2005
      The Game of Life (Win All You Can) is there for a purpose. One of them is
      this lesson:
      A leader loses all power if he or she does not live up to his or her
      promises. Trust is an important leadership tool that, once lost, is likely never
      regained.

      Like life, that's just one lesson in this game.

      Anyway, I would suggest that this discussion really belongs on Woodbadge-L
      and not Scouter-T, which probably includes many people who will be taking this
      course at some point and don't need to hear about something that is designed
      as "experiential" learning.

      I, with the aid of two others, wrote a lengthy explanation of the game and
      how to debrief (which I think is the most essential part of the game) for the
      Southern Region Wood Badge Course Director Development Conferences two years
      ago. If you email me of-list I will be happy to share it with you
      (_mikedunne@..._ (mailto:mikedunne@...) )

      But the real message in this message is let's take this debate elsewhere --
      or end it.

      Folks, the task force made changes to the syllabus for the coming year and
      decided NOT to take it out of the syllabus, and course directors pledge (hmmm,
      sounds like the Game of Life) that they will run their courses according to
      the syllabus. So any debate should be how do we make this work as intended
      -- cause I think it will be around for a while.

      Let's make this fit another message: Yes, We Can All Win in Win All You Can.

      Yours in Scouting,

      Mike Dunne
      Istrouma Area Council Vice Chairman for Program
      Southern Region Wood Badge Committee