Wood Badge & training in general

  • Mullaney, Peter [AMSRD-AAR-AEE-E]
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 16, 2005
      Attitude!

      One would think that people who sign up and pay for
      Wood Badge would be going in with the attitude that
      they will learn something. Unfortunately this is
      not always the case. Even with the worst staff, if
      you have the right mind set, you should be able to
      come out with a positive.

      You would expect more people in the general courses to
      have a worse attitude (i.e.. - I know all this, why
      should I HAVE to attend this training.) since they
      are 'forced' to take the training. Had one husband
      and wife (who were with my pack) take the classroom part
      of the SM course and all they could do was say how
      bad it was, and why they should have had to take it.
      This same woman said to me: "Why should I have to
      take BALOO? I know more about camping than you do."
      I didn't want to suggest that she join or staff
      because if by some chance she did say yes, I would
      not want that arrogant attitude on the course trying
      to teach others.

      Anyhow - ATTITUDE, ATTITUDE, ATTITUDE!

      Pete Mullaney