RE: WoodBadge

  • smaines1@juno.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 14, 2005
      Margo & Rick,

      I was on staff for this Wood Badge, Troop Guide - Bear Patrol, and the information that was received by Margo's patrol was not what we were instructed to do. So, I am guessing that either the Troop Guide was confused or the patrol misunderstood. The Patrol Leader job was to be shared with a different person serving each day. The other positions, such as Chaplain Aide, could be rotated or held by one person for the entire course.

      Sandy
      a busy Beaver
      WM-492-99

      Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 23:14:01 -0800
      From: "Rick Rambo" <rickram1@...>
      Subject: Re: Wood Badge (was Re: Who can present...)

      That may be what they TOLD you, but it is not the way the Syllabus wants it presented.
      Rick
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 9, 2008
        Is WoodBadge (as I was taught to spell it) one word or two words?

        I know I make type-o's and erros, but am a stickler for learning.

        The Scout Lady
      • Will Strother
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 10, 2008
          Two words .... Wood Badge

          Yours In Scouting!

          Will Strother
          Pack 518 - Committee Chair

          SR-830 ... used to be a Buffalo
          SR-909 ... and a good ole Staffer too!

          Is WoodBadge (as I was taught to spell it) one word or two words?

          I know I make type-o's and erros, but am a stickler for learning.

          The Scout Lady

        • Randy Sessions
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 10, 2008
            They syllabus has it as two words.

            Randy Sessions

            SM, C-05-08

            Is WoodBadge (as I was taught to spell it) one word or two words?

            I know I make type-o's and erros, but am a stickler for learning.

            The Scout Lady

          • Elaine D. Boyd
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 10, 2008
              It is two words - Wood Badge.

              ~Elaine Boyd
              Scouter in NH
              I used to be a Bear (NE I-220)
              And a good ole staffer too! (NE I-243 & 250)

            • whymel@cox.net
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 10, 2008
                Scout Lady,

                The correct way is Wood Badge. In my humble opinion, I would rather you spell/write it incorrectly than not at all. The most important thing is that you walk away from Woodbadge :) renewed, invigorated and filled with Scouting spirit.

                Wally Hymel
                SE Louisiana Council

                ---- Karena <unit.commissioner@...> wrote:
                > Is WoodBadge (as I was taught to spell it) one word or two words?
                >
                > I know I make type-o's and erros, but am a stickler for learning.
                >
                > The Scout Lady

              • jmstall
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 10, 2008
                  --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Karena" <unit.commissioner@...>
                  wrote:

                  > Is WoodBadge (as I was taught to spell it) one word or two words?
                  >
                  > I know I make type-o's and erros, but am a stickler for learning.
                  >
                  > The Scout Lady

                  Others have answered correctly that it is two words. The reason it is
                  two words is that the course name comes from the wooden beads,
                  the "wood badge," that are a token of completion of both parts of the
                  course (the instruction/course and application/ticket).

                  YiS,
                  Jak Stallings
                  I used to be a Beaver (SR-85)
                  and a good ole staffer, too (culminating as CD of SR-608)