Letter of Introduction

  • Dave Loomis
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 13, 2001
      I have been reinvolved in Scouting since 1977, when my son joined Cub
      Scouts, and I began working with both his pack and the troop at Pope
      AFB, in NC, near Ft. Bragg. I completed Cub and Boy Scout Leader
      Training there, and both Wood Badge and Commissioner College, before
      leaving for the Aleutians for a year, and then returning to NH, where I
      have remained.

      During the remainder of my AF career I continued in training and
      commissioning - I think they go together - and have continued to do so
      ever since. I have served on Wood Badge Staff, run Boy Scout and
      Venturing Leader training courses, as well as serving on staff for
      various Commissioner Colleges and Cub Scout Training courses. I am a
      member of the council training team and will be running a Venturing
      training course and serving on the staff of our University of Scouting
      this fall.

      During much of this time I have been my district's training chair,
      until a few years back when I stepped into the advancement chair
      position for about 4 years. Additionally I hve been training our
      district's commissioning staff up until a couple of years ago, and have
      been active on Scouts-L for many years.

      Dave

      To reply, remove the word, "nospam" from my return address, or click
      on the mailto: address below

      Dave Loomis mailto:dloomis@...
      164 Tuttle Lane (603) 431 5342
      Greenland, NH 03840
      Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam
      possit materiari?