Re: [Scouter_T] Training Thoughts

  • bill smith
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 14, 2005
      brant@... wrote:

      > My question is HOW do I find some more experienced CUB leaders to help
      > out with Cub training?? Any thoughts on this will be greatly
      > appreciated.

      An under-utilized resource might be the parents of
      newly honored Eagle Scouts. My experience is that
      almost all Eagle Scouts show up still wearing their
      AOL badge. Their parents mostly were active in
      both a successfully run pack and troop.Thew know
      and support the program.

      They may be susceptible to the suggestion that it is
      time to pay back the community by working for the
      future of Scouting by being role models for new leaders.
      Yes the Cub program has changed a bit, Tigers has
      matured, AOL has been tinkered with and - Oh Yes,
      we camp now. But they should be able to take all that
      in stride.

      People to avoid are those whose units are dependent on
      them and ex-leaders who have driven their programs into
      the ground and now have lots of spare time.

      bill smith