Youth Leadership Training (was TLT)

  • Mikedunne@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 21, 2005
      Neil Lupton wrote:
      My understanding is that the development task force that put together Troop
      Leader Training welcomes suggestions on how the program can be improved.
      suggest that any such suggestions be sent to the Boy Scout Division in
      Irving
      Texas.<SNIP>

      As a member of that task force, I will be happy to accept suggestions and
      comments that might help the process and I will pass them on to the chair and
      professional. But I also suggest you try it before you decide whether or not
      it works. Then your comments will carry more weight.

      The design concept was to minimize the time required (like a lot of
      training). This training will work hand-in-hand with a chapter on training youth
      leaders that is in the new Scoutmaster Handbook. You can send them to
      _mikedunne@..._ (mailto:mikedunne@...) .

      Beginning this summer, another part of the Youth Training Continium will
      unfold at Philmont Scout Ranch. It will be the National Advanced Youth
      Leadership Experience (NAYLE), which replaces the National Junior Leader Training
      Instructor Camp. It will use the Philmont Search and Rescue program to put
      youth in situations that will make what they have learned in the new
      council-level National Youth Leadership Training (NYLT) course come to life (the idea is
      to live the leadership skills). NYLT replaces the old JLTC. I have
      information on NAYLE as well if you e-mail me.

      Yours in Scouting,

      Mike Dunne
      member, National Youth Leadership Training Task Force
      vice-chair for program, Istrouma Area Council (Baton Rouge)