RE: [Scouter_T] Re: JASM training

  • Mike Marks
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 15, 2005
      More than a rumor or wives tale -- a youth must be 16 before being appointed
      a JASM.

      If a youth is mature enough, I say "why not" allow them to attend "adult"
      training. On the same hand, they will not receive "official" credit until
      they are a registered adult leader -- which technically would require them
      to take the course a second time.

      The new Troop Leadership Training includes the JASM. I feel the most
      important aspect of all youth leader training is the personal coaching and
      goal-setting conducted by the SM.

      mm