Re: [Scouter_T] NLE bridges

  • brant@lippincott.us
    Message 1 of 29 , Nov 9, 2005
      Having a song or skit or run ons or something else fun during a training event does not necessarily teach someone how to have fun... BUT, it does teach them that it is OK to have fun during something that might otherwise be percieved as "serious". It provides an EXAMPLE.

      Cubmasters - especially - need to know HOW to have fun and that having FUN is an ESSENTIAL part of EVERY pack meeting. There are CMs out there who try and run a pack meeting like a board meeting. Then they wonder why the boys don't come to the pack meeting.

      One of the most serious guys I know was a fabulous CM, because he knew how to have fun and make it fun for the boys.

      For the Boys,
      Brant

      Connie Knie <cknie23100@...> wrote:Ok we can agree to disagree because I don't feel that a song or a game will "teach" someone how to have fun..........just because your training did not involve a song with hand motions or a game with balloons does not mean your pack meeting will be boring.