Re: [Scouter_T] District Training??

  • Elaine D. Boyd
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 4, 2005
      Thanks!
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: JNDunnMN@...
      To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, November 04, 2005 12:53 PM
      Subject: Re: [Scouter_T] District Training??

      <<Is there such a thing as training for district members? My husband's primary
      position in Scouting is the district (Boy Scout Activities Chair) and he would
      like to be able to wear his trained patch again.>>

      Yes there is. I've been through it twice. I believe it's called District Committee Training Workshop. Generally councils present this once a year or so, and involve district committee members from all (or multiple) districts. He should check with the Field Director (probably) to see if a session is planned.

      YiS,
      Jamie Dunn
      Pack Trainer
      P. 512
      Blaine/Coon Rapids, MN
      Cub Scout Training Chair
      3 Rivers District

      Scouting camera Outdoors Training program evaluation

    • Dave Loomis
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 4, 2005
        There certainly is. It is called District Committee Training Workshop,
        # 34160C. Your council folks should run this yearly, but once every
        eighteen months will train most of the people.

        Along with this is a series of booklets, quick guides to the various
        district Positions, Highlights for the District:
        Activities Committee #34732
        Advancement Committee #34724
        Camp & Outdoors Comm, #34725
        Chairman #34722
        Commissioners #34723
        Finance Committee #34726
        LFL/Exploring #34734
        Membership Committee #34728
        Training Committee #34729
        Vol Recruiting #34730
        Unit Commissioners #34721

        I have omitted the alpha shred out which signifies the edition as these
        booklets don't change much as time passes. They each run around $1.00.

        There are also books dealing directly with most of these jobs. The one
        for your husband is the Activities and Civic Service Committee Guide,
        #33082D or E, which runs about 5.0.

        Dave
        ADC & BS Training Chair
        Historic District
        Daniel Webster Council, BSA

        --
        To reply, click on the address below.

        245 Union St. (603) 431 5342
        Portsmouth, NH 03801-4349
      • Elaine D. Boyd
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 4, 2005
          Dave,

          I am in Daniel Webster Council also. Any idea when this training will be held? In Abnaki, we have quite a few new district members and none of us have taken that training yet (that I am aware of).

          ~Elaine Boyd
          "I used to be a Bear" NE I-220
          "And a good old Staffer too!" NE I-243

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 4, 2005
            We had one a year or so ago, up at the Fire Academy, but you could
            email Rick Mason, Kerry Molin, or Pamela Rawnsley to find out when they
            will be running it again.

            Dave