District Training??

  • Elaine D. Boyd
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 4, 2005
      Hi,

      Is there such a thing as training for district members? My husband's primary position in Scouting is the district (Boy Scout Activities Chair) and he would like to be able to wear his trained patch again.

      Any information would be much appreciated!

      ~Elaine Boyd
      Scouter in NH

    • JNDunnMN@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 4, 2005
        <<Is there such a thing as training for district members? My husband's primary
        position in Scouting is the district (Boy Scout Activities Chair) and he would
        like to be able to wear his trained patch again.>>

        Yes there is. I've been through it twice. I believe it's called District Committee Training Workshop. Generally councils present this once a year or so, and involve district committee members from all (or multiple) districts. He should check with the Field Director (probably) to see if a session is planned.

        YiS,
        Jamie Dunn
        Pack Trainer
        P. 512
        Blaine/Coon Rapids, MN
        Cub Scout Training Chair
        3 Rivers District

      • Elaine D. Boyd
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 4, 2005
          Thanks!
          <<Is there such a thing as training for district members? My husband's primary
          position in Scouting is the district (Boy Scout Activities Chair) and he would
          like to be able to wear his trained patch again.>>

          Yes there is. I've been through it twice. I believe it's called District Committee Training Workshop. Generally councils present this once a year or so, and involve district committee members from all (or multiple) districts. He should check with the Field Director (probably) to see if a session is planned.

          YiS,
          Jamie Dunn
          Pack Trainer
          P. 512
          Blaine/Coon Rapids, MN
          Cub Scout Training Chair
          3 Rivers District

          Scouting camera Outdoors Training program evaluation

        • Dave Loomis
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 4, 2005
            There certainly is. It is called District Committee Training Workshop,
            # 34160C. Your council folks should run this yearly, but once every
            eighteen months will train most of the people.

            Along with this is a series of booklets, quick guides to the various
            district Positions, Highlights for the District:
            Activities Committee #34732
            Advancement Committee #34724
            Camp & Outdoors Comm, #34725
            Chairman #34722
            Commissioners #34723
            Finance Committee #34726
            LFL/Exploring #34734
            Membership Committee #34728
            Training Committee #34729
            Vol Recruiting #34730
            Unit Commissioners #34721

            I have omitted the alpha shred out which signifies the edition as these
            booklets don't change much as time passes. They each run around $1.00.

            There are also books dealing directly with most of these jobs. The one
            for your husband is the Activities and Civic Service Committee Guide,
            #33082D or E, which runs about 5.0.

            Dave
            ADC & BS Training Chair
            Historic District
            Daniel Webster Council, BSA

            --
            To reply, click on the address below.

            245 Union St. (603) 431 5342
            Portsmouth, NH 03801-4349
          • Elaine D. Boyd
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 4, 2005
              Dave,

              I am in Daniel Webster Council also. Any idea when this training will be held? In Abnaki, we have quite a few new district members and none of us have taken that training yet (that I am aware of).

              ~Elaine Boyd
              "I used to be a Bear" NE I-220
              "And a good old Staffer too!" NE I-243

              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 4, 2005
                We had one a year or so ago, up at the Fire Academy, but you could
                email Rick Mason, Kerry Molin, or Pamela Rawnsley to find out when they
                will be running it again.

                Dave