Re: [Scouter_T] Re: Trucks and Transportation

  • Scouter Chuck
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31, 2005
      Whether or not the G2SS allows or doesn't allow the Scouts to ride
      in the back of a truck if there is something to hold onto, I could
      get in the bed of the pickup and hold onto the inner side, and be
      "safe" per what this person was told. That still wouldn't prevent
      me from being throw from the vehicle and injured in an accident.

      No one has the physical strength to hold themselves in place during
      an accident, without the use of seatbelts or some other mechanical
      method of restraint.

      I know that riding in the beds of trucks has been a hot topic with
      the traffic and auto safety people for a number of years. I
      wouldn't allow it in my unit even _if_ the G2SS said it was OK.
      (Which it apparently does not. Need to refer to my own copy, but I
      would be very surprised to find anything different.)

      I "used to be" an Antelope! -- WEM-10-95
      District Committee Member at Large
      -- Stephen R. Covey