Re: [Scouter_T] Introduction

    Message 1 of 52 , Oct 12, 2005
      Welcome Elaine,
      I have seen your name on other boards as well. I have only been here a short time myself. I don't have any tips for you as I am just jumping back into training after a hiatus as well. This is a really smart group and you will get tons of CORRECT information.......LOL

      By the way ya'll. Guess what I heard, it is news to me anyway, there is a reprint of the CS Leader Book already and on pg. 18-4 it introduces the fact that in June of 06 Tigers will start their carrer earing the Bobcat before the Tiger........hmmmmmmmmm

      "Elaine D. Boyd" <edboyd@...> wrote:
      Hi!

      Well, it has been a while since I have felt like a newbie, but here I am about to start on my next adventure in Scouting.

      I have been active for 8 years on the Cub Scouting end of things as a Tiger leader, Cub leader, Webelos leader, assistant Cubmaster and Cubmaster. I have taken all training associated with these positions including BALOO, WLOT, Trainer Development and Wood Badge (NE I-220) and had the pleasure of serving on staff as a troop guide for Wood Badge course NE I-243.

      My oldest son is a Life Scout working on his Eagle. My youngest is a 5th grade Webelos Scout working on Arrow of Light and looking forward to Boy Scouts.

      A few months ago my DE asked me to be the Cub Training Chair for the district. After some thought, I really wanted to take this on. My district has not had good training for quite some time. I will basically be building training up from scratch.

      I know I will have some questions for the group, right now I don't know enough to know what to ask! My first training is less than a month away, but I will be asking current staff members to run the training like they have done in the past. After that, I will have several months to plan my next training.

      Any tips or pointers that ya'll may have for someone just starting out would be most welcomed!

      Yours in Scouting,

      ~Elaine Boyd
      Scouter in NH

    • Candace Lewis
      Message 52 of 52 , Sep 19, 2012
        I thought I had the introduction to Cub Scouting also, but it must be on another computer. Hope this helps.

        Candace Lewis
        Paralegal to Jeffrey N. Kaitcer
        LOE, WARREN, ROSENFIELD, KAITCER, HIBBS,
        WINDSOR, LAWRENCE & WOLFFARTH, P.C.
        4420 W. Vickery Blvd.
        Fort Worth, Texas 76107
        817/377-0060; Fax: 817/377-1120

        Information contained in this email is confidential and protected from disclosure by the attorney/client privilege. It is intended solely for use by the recipient to whom it is addressed. If the reader of this communication is NOT the intended recipient (or employee or agent responsible for delivery to the intended recipient), you are notified that you should delete this email, and that any distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you believe that you have received this messagee in error, please notify us immediately at 817/377-0060. Thank you.