Re: Training issue -- what about Lone Scouts?

  • Michael Brown
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 5, 2005
      All-

      For full info on Lone Scouts, you should get this booklet from your
      council: Lone Scout Friend and Counselor Guidebook #7-420B. This is a
      Bin literature item your council will need to order. It explains how
      advancement works for Lone Scouts.

      Also read this Fact Sheet at the National website:
      http://www.scouting.org/factsheets/02-515.html

      Lone Scouting is intended for Scouts who can't otherwise participate in
      a Pack or Troop because of "distance, weather, time, or
      disability". "I don't that Pack/Troop" isn't a good reason. Being
      Home Schooled by itself isn't a good reason either (in fact I hear of
      HSers who WANT their kids in a unit for that social interaction, etc).

      Hope this helps.

      Michael Brown