CS Leader Specific

  • Jim Schreiner
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 3, 2005
      Has there been a new update to the CS Leader Specific training package since 2003? Our Council Training Committee does not have anything but the 2001 package. I did not want to purchase the 2003 version, if there is a newer one available or coming out soon.

      Thank you for your help

      Jim Schreiner
      District Training Chair
      Osage Trails District
      Sedalia, MO

    • Dave Loomis
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 3, 2005
        Check Scouting's Library of Literature, # 70-080D, available free from
        the NSS in Charlotte, NC, 1 800 323 0732, for the most current syllabus.

        You may have to whine and beg a little, but they usually will send you
        a copy.

        Dave

        --
        To reply, click on the address below.

        245 Union St. (603) 431 5342
        Portsmouth, NH 03801-4349
      • brant@lippincott.us
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 3, 2005
          Hi all,

          I'm trying to get things updated in our area. We've been working off the same syllabi for a number of years. The syllabi that I have do not have the order #s on them.

          Dave Loomis mentioned that the Cub LST syllabus is 70-080D....

          I'm looking for NLE & BALOO. I know that the OWL course is a bin item - I'm still trying to get that one from council.

          Do these include a CD? All of these courses have a persentation with them. What is included on the CD??

          I was checking ScoutStuff.org the other day and noticd that they have the LST video for sale ($15 or so). But I did not see the NLE video. But now that I think about it, maybe I was looking in the CUB area - and NLE would be for ALL.

          Dave also mentioned that these are "free".... Is that true? I'd be happy to pay.

          One final thought - any one know if the LST video will be updated anytime soon?? It still shows Tigers in orange!!

          Thanks a lot.

          Brant Lippincott

          Cub Training Chair

          Great Plains District

          Plano, Texas

        • Dave Loomis
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 3, 2005
            NO, I wrote that 70-080D is the Scouting Library of Literature, the
            catalog of Scouting's publications that are for sale, and are updated
            frequently. The Cub Scout Leader Training Syllabus is
            # 34875(x) where X is the alpha suffix that indicates the edition.

            The Central Florida Council has lots of PowerPoint and Adobe formatted
            course in formation at http://training.cfcbsa.org/training_resources.html .

            Dave