Re: [Scouter_T] Oversight

  • Kevin Pate
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 19, 2005
      > Scoutmaster, Coach, or Advisor is the leader who
      > knows the most about the BOYS in the troop,

      Poor wording all the way around when you get right
      down to it.

      Scoutmasters do have boys, and only boys, in a troop.

      Coaches have boys, and only boys, but their lads are,
      I think, on teams and not in troops. However, having
      never ever met a Varsity Scout or Scouter face to face
      and known it at the time, I could just be a waterboy
      with overactive keyboard fingers in my understanding.

      Advisors likewise do not have troops. They advise
      Venturers who are in crews. The crew membership may
      be comprised of all male youth, all female youth, or
      it may be a crew where both genders are present.

      http://mail.yahoo.com