Webelos Leader Outdoor Experience

  • Red Dog
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 4, 2005
      Does anyone know if the new syllabus for the Webelos Leader Outdoor Experience has
      been published? If so, what is the number?
    • Mike Marks
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 4, 2005
        13-33640

        Available as a bin item -- NOT from the Scout Shop.

        Does anyone know if the new syllabus for the Webelos Leader Outdoor
        Experience has
        been published? If so, what is the number?

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Dave Loomis
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 4, 2005
          They usually only shipped one or two per council, but you may find
          someone willing to send you a copy.

          Dave

          --
          To reply, click on the address below.

          245 Union St. (603) 431 5342
          Portsmouth, NH 03801-4349
        • Judy Yeager
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 4, 2005
            Dave Loomis wrote: They usually only shipped one or two per council, but you may find
            someone willing to send you a copy.

            I don't think they are that hard to come by. My Council ordered 25 and got them.

            Judy Yeager

          • Miss Raye
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 5, 2005
              wow..then i'll join YOUR council! my council told me i was mistaken if i
              thought that the new syll. was out! I told them they needed to join this list!
              :)

              any chance i can buy one from someone on this list????

              Raye
              Aloha Council

              --- Judy Yeager <kcjscout@...> wrote:

              > Dave Loomis wrote: They usually only shipped one or two per council, but you
              > may find
              > someone willing to send you a copy.
              >
              > I don't think they are that hard to come by. My Council ordered 25 and got
              > them.
              >
              > Judy Yeager

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Ida Lively
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 5, 2005
                For the new OWL syllabus (I can't remember where I pulled it from, but thanks to the kindly scouter who posted it!), click

                http://jvcbsa.org/training/committee/Syllabi/Syllabi.htm

                It will ask for a username and pw

                jvctraining
                bsatrainer2005

                Since it's a "bin" item, and free to councils, I feel it's okay to share.

                Our council did order and receive their copies (I don't know how many we ordered/received, but I doubt it was more than 5 or 6).

                My council will be implementing it in Spring 2006. We toyed with the idea of using it this fall (October), but we have a new Course Director running the course, and didn't feel it was fair to have them run it first. We're going to put one of our more experienced Course Directors on it in the Spring (most likely me).

                I'm willing to share ideas/suggestions with anyone who is running it this Fall, or plans to run in it in the Spring.

                Ida
                Juniata Valley Counci, Nittany Mountain District Training Chair
                - I used to be a Beaver (NE-IV-181)
              • Leslie
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 7, 2005
                  The Professionals in your council need to read their copies of Pro
                  Speaks. There was an article about it, with order #, just a couple of
                  months ago.
                  ---
                  Leslie

                  --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, Miss Raye <sweetteasutlery@y...>