Girls can do it...Den Chiefs

  • doublelope
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 13, 2005
      I've got the latest edition (2005 print) of the Cub Scout Leader
      Book, and the "male" reference is no longer present, and has been
      replaced with "youth". This is the case for both the Cub Scout Den
      Chief and the Webelos Den Chief. This can be found in Chapter 23
      (Ledership) pages 23-13 and 23-14.
      As an additional note, the Pack Trainer description has been
      changed. See pages 23-7 and 23-8. The biggest change is that it NO
      longer states that Pack Trainers can do the New Leader Essentials
      and Cub Scout Leader Specific Training. It now
      states: "Encouraging pack leaders to attend Cub Scout Leader Basic
      Training, which includes New Leader Essentials and Cub Scout Leader
      Specific Training".

      The Responsibilities read as follows:
      The pack trainer is responsible for

      Conducting orientation of new families & pack leaders. (See Chapter
      10, "Den & Pack Management".)

      Encouraging pack leaders to attend Cub Scout Leader Basic Training,
      which includes New Leader Essentials and Cub Scout Leader Specific
      Training.

      Helping with Unit Leadership Enhancements during pack leaders,
      meetings.

      Conduct other training as designaated by the district and/or council.

      Encouraging pack leaders to attend ongoing training such as Youth
      Protection Training, roundtable, pow wow, BALOO, Outdoor Leader
      Skills for Webelos Leaders, and Wood Badge.

      Remainng current with training materials & program updates.

      Keeping track of pack training records.

      Encouraging den chiefs to attend Den Chief Training.

      Linda Goff
      Council Cub Scout Training Chair
      Great Smoky Mountain Council

      I use to be an Antelope (secs15 & se497)