Re: [Scouter_T] Re: Pow Wow or University of Scouting

  • Andre Coltrin
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 30, 2005
      We are doing a University this fall and your program would be great. Thanks. Please email a copy.

      Andre

      jomarshall57 <jo@...> wrote:
      We just started using Access last year, combined with a web form. We
      recruited a registrar who turned out to be a very enthusiastic database
      expert. Last year the web form created a text file that was then
      imported into Access. This year we expect the entries to be directly
      imported. Participants got immediate confirmation of class schedules.

      Reports included a listing of people for each class, plus a number of
      summaries that helped us put classes in the a correctly sized room. On
      the day of the event, each participant received a printed schedule with
      classroom assignment.

      We decided scheduling ahead of time, so that people registered by class
      period. That was done manually, and was based at least partly on past
      experience. We offered 86 different sections, but it really didn't take
      long to figure out. I suspect it would have taken a lot longer to
      program it, and I'm not that trusting of programs anyway (having
      written some...).

      This year we'll refine the program and set it up for standard use. If
      you'd like a copy of what we're doing, we'd be happy to send it over.
      The web form was done with Perl, and will be switched over to
      ColdFusion this year for direct communication with the database.

      Jo Marshall
      San Francisco Bay Area Council

      --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, Judy Yeager <kcjscout@e...> wrote:
      > Pardon the cross post, but I wanted to reach as many folks as
      possible.

      > What kind of computer program does the registration team for your Pow
      Wow and/or University of Scouting use to track registrations, schedule
      classes and produce reports? Just wondering what is out there that
      might work for us.

      > Judy Yeager
      > HOAC

      Leader training Boy scouts of america Scouting Alaska outdoors Football scouting software Great outdoors

      Andre and Michelle Coltrin

      Branson Embroidery

      (417) 337-8000
      http://www.bransonemb.com