Re: [Scouter_T] Re: Copyright etc.

  • Robert Wilson
    Message 1 of 19 , Jul 23, 2005
      On 7/23/05, Judy Yeager <kcjscout@...> wrote:
      > As training chair for my District, I do not feel that my trainers should have to use their personal funds to purchase a syllabus to do volunteer work. It should be provided to them.

      Amen.

      > Certainly note cards are the recommended materials for a trainer, but doesn't one need the syllabus to make the note cards? And shouldn't each trainer have a copy of the entire syllabus so they know how their portion relates to the rest of the course?

      Amen

      > I would not want any of my trainers to have their entire syllabus in front of them when they are presenting, but they need it for prep.

      I'm not quite to that point yet. I write notes in the white space to
      the left and right of the copied documentation. As I become more
      experienced, the use of note cards has increased and sometimes stuff
      actually comes from memory, which to me is an amazing thing. :-)

      --
      Robert Wilson, Pack 3266/Troop 166
      Burks United Methodist Church, Hixson, TN 37343