Re: [Scouter_T] Re: Choosing which law to follow?

  • Chad C. Cooper
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 18, 2005
      I have received similar instruction as Lina on the BSA copyright through
      my DE. Here is the guidance that I have been given:

      1. All BSA materials are copyright and are restricted to use within the
      BSA program.

      2. Program materials that are available through the Supply Division
      catalog or Scout Shops should not be copied.

      3. With some limitations, all other other BSA materials may be copied
      and shared within the BSA program as training and program resource
      materials. An example of these limitations would be my Council's
      direction that the Shooting Sports for Cub Scouts guide is restricted to
      those certified to run our ranges.

      A copyright gives the holder the right to set the terms of use for the
      copyrighted material. These are BSA terms as they have been defined to me.

      - Chad
      Troop 293, Chief Black Dog, Northern Star Council
      Apple Valley, MN