Webelos Syllabus

  • Steve Powell
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 14, 2005
      Paul,

      Thanks for the post. The pdf file is located in a file under my user
      account (not a website) because it is too large to send through any
      existing mail platform (there is a cap of 5.2 megs). It was not my
      intent to "post to the internet" but to make it available to a "very
      select group of training folks (like you perhaps?)" which is hardly "the
      internet".

      Anyone interested in receiving this file please contact me off list and
      I will tell you how.

      YiS,

      Steve
    • brant@lippincott.us
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 15, 2005
        Steve,

        Thanks so much for posting this. The point that Paul brought up has been discussed here - a while back it went on for what was about 20 or 30 posts.

        Here's my take on it.....

        The BSA copyrights most, if not all of their stuff. Some of it is CLEARLY not to be copied. Like the Boy Scout Handbook, leader guides, etc.

        Some of it is MUCH less clear - like the Outdoor Program Guidelines for Cubs.

        And then there is the training material. In the case of this item, we have LONG anticipated it and many of us are unable to get it. Some councils receive only one copy - what are they to do??

        It seems to me that a while back, someone from the BSA mentioned to me that the course syllabi WERE allowed to be distributed - as long as it was to trainers - and not given in whole to participants. Some materials - the BALOO Apendicies - are actually INTENDED to be copied and distributed.

        I have no qualms about downloading this document and distributing it to my training staff.

        Thanks again.

        Brant Lippincott

        Steve Powell <collshow@...> wrote:Paul,