RE: [Scouter_T] couple questions...

  • Scott & Rita Eliason
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 13, 2005
      Sorry, should have looked at the list's and my files first. What I posted
      was the 1993 version of Train the Trainer, that our council revised after
      BSA dropped the syllabus. It includes Effective Teaching. I also discovered
      that someone else posted TDC in its entirety and therefore you need to open
      that and look in staff development.

      Cheers, Scott

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 14, 2005
        I have a copy of the old Wood Badge syllabus, and would be willing to
        scan and pdf the Effective Training section if you can't get it
        another way.

        The new Wood Badge syllabus is supposed to be out in September, so
        we'll see. The old one is not supposed to be used after June 30 of
        this year. The new scheme is that they will be giving out 3 admin
        guides and 15 syllabuses each year. In our area those will be
        distributed at the area conference that certifies the new course
        directors. There will not be a "Blanchard fee", but there will be a
        fee to cover those costs, and, presumably, the copyright of the video
        clips they are still using. Last I heard, those had not yet been set.
        The total should be less than the current fees, though.

        I'm not sure that you'll need much in the way of new program
        materials. The changes are not particularly big. Some presentations
        have been changed/dropped/added to bring the Wood Badge team
        terminology in line with the new NYLT course, and there was a minor
        schedule change. There will be a little longer time in the "cub
        program", and there are some other details that will change. It's a
        long list, but none of the changes are major. I'm not sure what's
        been finalized. These things were still a little vague at our last
        meeting.

        In our area, there is a Wood Badge coordinator for each council or
        cluster. When they attend Area meetings, they are brought up to date
        on changes in the program. I'm not sure if that system is used
        nationally, but someone at your council should have update
        information.

        Jo Marshall
        Training Chair and Wood Badge Coordinator
        San Francisco Bay Area Council

        --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Marian Mcquaid" <mcquaidfam@c...>
        wrote:
        > Hi,
        > Got a few questions, and I would be willing to be someone here has
        the answer.

        > First: The old Train the Trainer conference had a session
        called "Effective Teaching". Does anyone have a copy of that? We
        have a request to teach that one session.

        > Second: Anyone see the newest syllabus yet for Wood Badge 21st
        Century? How's it look?

        > Third: (Goes with the last question) If the Blanchard material has
        been dropped, has the fee to National been reduced to reflect that?
        If so, to what?

        > Fourth: And of course, what new program materials do we need to
        produce to go with the changes?