Re: couple questions...

  • Michael Brown
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 13 6:58 AM
      --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Marian Mcquaid" <mcquaidfam@c...>
      wrote:
      > Hi,
      > Got a few questions, and I would be willing to be someone here has
      the answer.

      > Second: Anyone see the newest syllabus yet for Wood Badge 21st
      Century? How's it look?

      I had heard they were going to revise the WB syllabus, but didn't
      think it was going to come out for another year or so.

      > Third: (Goes with the last question) If the Blanchard material has
      been dropped, has the fee to National been reduced to reflect that?
      If so, to what?

      My understanding was that most of the fee to National was to cover
      the use of the copyrighted video material.

      > Fourth: And of course, what new program materials do we need to
      produce to go with the changes?

      > Just trying to get some answers to questions floating around our
      council's training group...

      I would think that when your council's WB Course Director(s) attend
      the WB CDC, they will find this all out. Am sure this will be the
      venue for any such changes.

      Michael Brown
    • Scott & Rita Eliason
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 13 7:22 AM
        Marian and List,

        I have an electronic version of the Effective Teaching session from the old
        TTT and one from TDC staff development. I will post them to files.

        Scott Eliason

        Venturing Training Coordinator

        Aquila District, Chief Seattle Council

        Got a few questions, and I would be willing to be someone here has the
        answer.

        First: The old Train the Trainer conference had a session called "Effective
        Teaching". Does anyone have a copy of that? We have a request to teach
        that one session.

        Second: Anyone see the newest syllabus yet for Wood Badge 21st Century?
        How's it look?

        Third: (Goes with the last question) If the Blanchard material has been
        dropped, has the fee to National been reduced to reflect that? If so, to
        what?

        Fourth: And of course, what new program materials do we need to produce to
        go with the changes?

        Just trying to get some answers to questions floating around our council's
        training group...

        Thanks
        Marian McQuaid
        Training Chair, Noanet District
        Boston Minuteman Council

        _____

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        * Visit your group "scouter_t
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/scouter_t> " on the web.

        _____

      • Scott & Rita Eliason
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 13 7:30 AM
          Sorry, should have looked at the list's and my files first. What I posted
          was the 1993 version of Train the Trainer, that our council revised after
          BSA dropped the syllabus. It includes Effective Teaching. I also discovered
          that someone else posted TDC in its entirety and therefore you need to open
          that and look in staff development.

          Cheers, Scott

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 14 4:40 PM
            I have a copy of the old Wood Badge syllabus, and would be willing to
            scan and pdf the Effective Training section if you can't get it
            another way.

            The new Wood Badge syllabus is supposed to be out in September, so
            we'll see. The old one is not supposed to be used after June 30 of
            this year. The new scheme is that they will be giving out 3 admin
            guides and 15 syllabuses each year. In our area those will be
            distributed at the area conference that certifies the new course
            directors. There will not be a "Blanchard fee", but there will be a
            fee to cover those costs, and, presumably, the copyright of the video
            clips they are still using. Last I heard, those had not yet been set.
            The total should be less than the current fees, though.

            I'm not sure that you'll need much in the way of new program
            materials. The changes are not particularly big. Some presentations
            have been changed/dropped/added to bring the Wood Badge team
            terminology in line with the new NYLT course, and there was a minor
            schedule change. There will be a little longer time in the "cub
            program", and there are some other details that will change. It's a
            long list, but none of the changes are major. I'm not sure what's
            been finalized. These things were still a little vague at our last
            meeting.

            In our area, there is a Wood Badge coordinator for each council or
            cluster. When they attend Area meetings, they are brought up to date
            on changes in the program. I'm not sure if that system is used
            nationally, but someone at your council should have update
            information.

            Jo Marshall
            Training Chair and Wood Badge Coordinator
            San Francisco Bay Area Council