couple questions...

  • Marian Mcquaid
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 13 4:57 AM
      Hi,
      Got a few questions, and I would be willing to be someone here has the answer.

      First: The old Train the Trainer conference had a session called "Effective Teaching". Does anyone have a copy of that? We have a request to teach that one session.

      Second: Anyone see the newest syllabus yet for Wood Badge 21st Century? How's it look?

      Third: (Goes with the last question) If the Blanchard material has been dropped, has the fee to National been reduced to reflect that? If so, to what?

      Fourth: And of course, what new program materials do we need to produce to go with the changes?

      Just trying to get some answers to questions floating around our council's training group...

      Thanks
      Marian McQuaid
      Training Chair, Noanet District
      Boston Minuteman Council

    • Michael Brown
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 13 6:58 AM
        --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Marian Mcquaid" <mcquaidfam@c...>
        wrote:
        > Hi,
        > Got a few questions, and I would be willing to be someone here has
        the answer.

        > Second: Anyone see the newest syllabus yet for Wood Badge 21st
        Century? How's it look?

        I had heard they were going to revise the WB syllabus, but didn't
        think it was going to come out for another year or so.

        > Third: (Goes with the last question) If the Blanchard material has
        been dropped, has the fee to National been reduced to reflect that?
        If so, to what?

        My understanding was that most of the fee to National was to cover
        the use of the copyrighted video material.

        > Fourth: And of course, what new program materials do we need to
        produce to go with the changes?

        > Just trying to get some answers to questions floating around our
        council's training group...

        I would think that when your council's WB Course Director(s) attend
        the WB CDC, they will find this all out. Am sure this will be the
        venue for any such changes.

        Michael Brown
      • Scott & Rita Eliason
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 13 7:22 AM
          Marian and List,

          I have an electronic version of the Effective Teaching session from the old
          TTT and one from TDC staff development. I will post them to files.

          Scott Eliason

          Venturing Training Coordinator

          Aquila District, Chief Seattle Council

[...]

          _____

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          * Visit your group "scouter_t
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/scouter_t> " on the web.

          _____

        • Scott & Rita Eliason
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 13 7:30 AM
            Sorry, should have looked at the list's and my files first. What I posted
            was the 1993 version of Train the Trainer, that our council revised after
            BSA dropped the syllabus. It includes Effective Teaching. I also discovered
            that someone else posted TDC in its entirety and therefore you need to open
            that and look in staff development.

            Cheers, Scott

            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 14 4:40 PM
              I have a copy of the old Wood Badge syllabus, and would be willing to
              scan and pdf the Effective Training section if you can't get it
              another way.

              The new Wood Badge syllabus is supposed to be out in September, so
              we'll see. The old one is not supposed to be used after June 30 of
              this year. The new scheme is that they will be giving out 3 admin
              guides and 15 syllabuses each year. In our area those will be
              distributed at the area conference that certifies the new course
              directors. There will not be a "Blanchard fee", but there will be a
              fee to cover those costs, and, presumably, the copyright of the video
              clips they are still using. Last I heard, those had not yet been set.
              The total should be less than the current fees, though.

              I'm not sure that you'll need much in the way of new program
              materials. The changes are not particularly big. Some presentations
              have been changed/dropped/added to bring the Wood Badge team
              terminology in line with the new NYLT course, and there was a minor
              schedule change. There will be a little longer time in the "cub
              program", and there are some other details that will change. It's a
              long list, but none of the changes are major. I'm not sure what's
              been finalized. These things were still a little vague at our last
              meeting.

              In our area, there is a Wood Badge coordinator for each council or
              cluster. When they attend Area meetings, they are brought up to date
              on changes in the program. I'm not sure if that system is used
              nationally, but someone at your council should have update
              information.

              Jo Marshall
              Training Chair and Wood Badge Coordinator
              San Francisco Bay Area Council