Re: [Scouter_T] OLS for Webelos Den Leaders

  • Steve Powell
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 12, 2005
      Like Laura...sitting here at my desk....13-33640....2005 Printing.
      Talk to your council office and person in charge of ordering it. YiS, Steve

      Judy Yeager wrote:

      > In reviewing some older messages, I find that there are two part
      > numbers listed for this new syllabus and I'm confused.
      >
      > One number is for a bin item - 13-33640. From the discussions, I am
      > assuming this bin item is an overview of the new course - not the
      > actual syllabus.
      >
      > The other number is 33853C. Am I correct in assuming that this is the
      > actual syllabus?
      >
      > In talking with the Council Pro who oversees training today, he told
      > me that the guy in the Scout Shop told him that this syllabus was a
      > bin item and he ordered copies. I think he ordered the wrong thing.
      >
      > Can someone clarify for me?
      >
      > Judy Yeager

    • Jim
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 12, 2005
        Judy,
        No you are not correct. The first number IS the actual syllabus, at
        least at this time, and is IS a bin item. The second number I believe
        is the Webelos Outdoor Leader syllabus. It is in short supply right
        now, they were rationing at one or two per council. I hope this changes
        soon.
        Yours in Scouting,
        Jim

        On Jul 12, 2005, at 9:17 PM, Judy Yeager wrote:

        > In reviewing some older messages, I find that there are two part
        > numbers listed for this new syllabus and I'm confused.
        >
        > One number is for a bin item - 13-33640. From the discussions, I am
        > assuming this bin item is an overview of the new course - not the
        > actual syllabus.
        >
        > The other number is 33853C. Am I correct in assuming that this is the
        > actual syllabus?
        >
        > In talking with the Council Pro who oversees training today, he told
        > me that the guy in the Scout Shop told him that this syllabus was a
        > bin item and he ordered copies. I think he ordered the wrong thing.
        >
        > Can someone clarify for me?
        >
        > Judy Yeager

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Judy Yeager
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 12, 2005
          Thanks to all who responded to my query. Strange that a training syllabus is a bin item, but. . .

          I guess the guy in the local Scout Shop knew what he was talking about and we have ordered the right thing.

          Thanks again.

          Judy Yeager

        • Dave Loomis
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 12, 2005
            From the number, 13-33640, and the fact that S# 33640 is the
            Introduction to Outdoor Leader Skills - the Boy Scout course - it seems
            as if they have combined the two syllabi into one book, showing where,
            in some cases, the two groups of leaders could share a presentation.

            Dave

            Judy Yeager wrote:

            > Thanks to all who responded to my query. Strange that a training
            > syllabus is a bin item, but. . .
            >
            > I guess the guy in the local Scout Shop knew what he was talking about
            > and we have ordered the right thing.
            >
            > Thanks again.
            >
            > Judy Yeager

            To reply, click on the address below.